“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Food was great, no wait for lunch, super-attentive waitstaff! The location and parking made this even easier.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This restaurant is located off I-29 next to a Drury Inn hotel. The motto is "Smell the Smoke". I had the rib sandwich with potato salad. The sandwich was three ribs (still on the bone) with two slices of garlic bread. The potato salad is made fresh and is excellent. Soft drinks are Pepsi and Dr. Pepper products. Upon conclusion of my meal, I was asked if I wanted a refill of my drink in a to-go cup - Great idea! If I happen to be in the area again, I plan to visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Fast, Inexpensive, and Delicious. Right off the interstate. Lunch portions were more than enough for me.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat that wasn’t part of a chain and found this wonderful restaurant. It is right off the interstate so it’s easy to get to, the staff was well trained and pleasant. We had the catfish, sausage and beef. Everything was cooked to perfection and the staff seemed genuine in their desire to please. If you enjoy great BBQ this is a place to experience!

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

It took the waitess way too long to come get our drink order after we were seated. She seemed rather apathetic about her job. Only checked on us once throughout the meal. Now to the food. I'm a self-professed KC BBQ snob. This place offers 6 different sauces each more awful the more you try. The spicy was the most tolerable. The baked beans and garlic bread were delicious but for me the sauce is the Boss in BBQ and their sauces are more entry level position than boss.