“Delicious Wood-fired Pizza!”

Ranked #3 of 228 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Il Lazzarone is a traditional Neapolitan style pizzeria specializing in simplicity and beauty. Our dough is made with only four ingredients; yeast, flour, water, and salt. Once the dough has been mixed it is left to naturally leaven and then shaped by hand. The dough at il Lazzarone is some of the rarest and most traditional in the world where very few pizzaiolis still carry on the traditions of old. When the dough is ready we top our pizzas with nothing but the freshest and most pure ingredients money can buy. As the pizza is ready to cook we do not veer from the traditional ways, incorporating a fourth generation hand made wood fired oven imported from Naples. Traditional law states a pizza must cook in less than 90 second to produce the signature leapording of the crust, we typically do it in less than 60. At il Lazzarone we are serious about pizza and the traditions that founded what has become nothing but a glimpse of the truth that once existed. We look forward to serving you. "Come to the Table"
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Great toppings- healthy and interesting like arugula, balsalmic vinegar, etc., yet our daughters were happy with their traditional toppings, too. Love the Uovo (egg-topped pizza)!! Incredible flavors. Great craft beers, too! Perfect place to meet friends!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Unique and carefully crafted hand-tossed and handmade pizzas. Great beer. Knowledgeable staff. Casual atmosphere. We loved everything about it!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Don't live near this place but we like it so much that we are willing to drive over an hour to have lunch there. Pizza is outstanding with all kinds of choices - from traditional to things one probably never imagined on pizza. Hand tossed and wood fired. Reminds me of Pizzaria Bianca in Phoenix. I think maybe I like it even better. IMHO the Caesar salad is outstanding. If they are using any short cuts to make it, they have me fooled. Get the dinner salad and split it with your dining companion. I bet the Caprese salad is just as good but I am so taken with the Caesar that I haven't tried it. It looks great on other diners' plates, though. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great time. The pizza was amazing. The servers were helpful with suggestions and very accommodating. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 November 2017

I took my family to Il Lazzarone for a meal on Black Friday. It has a very nice atmosphere. The restrooms are clean. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We ordered four different types of pizzas and salads. All were very delicious. My only criticism is that I expected the bottom crust to be a bit more crunchy on a wood-fired pizza, but it was rather soft. It was still very good though, just a little bit different than I had expected is all.

Date of visit: November 2017