“Local gem with excellent service”
Review of Stellina Pasta Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Always excellent choices in pasta and pork/beef selections. Service is exceptionally excellent. The cocktails are original and delicious. A local gem. Nice price range

Reviewed 27 August 2015

I had read for a long time how good Stellina was, but we had never found the right time to go there as it is quite a distance from where we live. Yesterday we were in St. Louis and decided to give Stellina's a try. We were dressed pretty casually since we had been out walking around, but they told us to come on inside and not worry. We had a great experience. The bartender was very welcoming and our waitress was a real delight. She took the time to explain things on the menu and was very warm and friendly. After my wife had an amazing cocktail and I enjoyed a nice glass of wine, we made our dinner selections. The food was amazing. We split a Caprese Salad which has tomatoes that the Chef has grown himself as well as home made mozzarella cheese all covered with fresh basil and a basil pesto sauce. Simply incredible. We both chose the Agnolotti Pasta which was stuffed with poached chicken, fresh mozzarella and basil and cooked with fresh cherry tomatoes. I have to say it was one of the best dishes I have had in a long long time. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and the cherry tomatoes cooked enough to give them a great flavor while actually added a creamy texture. We were stuffed but I think I could have eaten more as it was that good. We will definitely make it a priority to go back soon as the menu changes often so that they can always be using fresh ingredients. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 23 August 2015

The good things first: great service, great cocktails and ambiance. The really good dishes: the crab cakes, the stuffed pork chops. hanger steak. The pasta dishes are fair. The pasta itself is fresh and delicious but the accompanying sauce on the tagliaelle and tip tips not outstanding. The portions, for example, the salmon was small, especially for $32. The presentation on the dishes is really good. The menu is not expansive. There are not many pasta dishes or entrees. The pace of the meal was really good because it allowed converation over drinks and appetizers. It was really difficult to read the bill, especially since there were so many of us. It didn't identify the dishes and the price associated with them. Would not be a problem for a dining foursome to determine the bill, however, large group would be difficult. In summary, it seems the prices are too high for many of the dishes. Value for the money, not sure.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

If you've not been here, I can't imagine why. The chef searches out fresh, seasonal ingredients and spins them into tasty dishes. The menu changes to reflect his recent finds and he proves he knows what he's doing with them time after time. Unlike many places in St. Louis, this reminds me of fresh, regional (i.e. northern Italian) cuisine. Rather than the Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee heavier southern Italian stuff that is everywhere around here. This is a smallish and popular place, which means it can be crowded. But the front-of-house staff are as competent as the cooks and things move along efficiently and pleasantly. They take reservations, but don't let that stop you. You can call and see what's up if you want to show up without one. The cocktail menu changes with the seasons, the wine list is affordable and solid. The outstanding servers can guide you with any indecision you might have on anything. The small bar at the front is cozy. But don't eat at the bar, folks, that's MY spot. :-)

Reviewed 7 February 2015

A few friends had recommended Stellina to us, but it took about three years to carve out the time to try it out. I hate to write such a good review because I want to keep this place to myself! Yes...that good. So refreshing that in St Louis there is a restaurant that serves unique hand-made pasta dishes that are creative and not loaded with the heavy sauces and cheeses so commonplace in this city. I had a whole wheat fettuccine with a delicious and light butter/garlic sauce and my wife had a grilled chicken lasagna. The menu changes on a monthly basis and includes pasta, of course, but also entrees of fish, meat or poultry. The place is small and intimate...a perfect setting for a pleasant evening. Service was excellent! We will return, no doubt!