“Convenient, a bit better than most museum eateries”
Review of Bixby's - CLOSED

Bixby's
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lindell & DeBaliviere
Transit: Convenient 2 minute walk from Metro Link, Forest Park Station.
Description: Bixby's, located on the 2nd Floor of The Missouri History Museum boasts a spectacular view of Forest Park through an expansive ceiling to floor wall of curved glass. Join us for lunch Monday - Saturday, or our award winning Champagne Brunch on Sunday!
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Aim yourself at a non-busy time and date and enjoy the view. The menu is okay or better. The service is good or inept, depending on the individual. The food is usually okay - it can be a little fussy and fail because of it, so aim at the tried-and-true. The view is wonderful. Of all the places to grab a bite in Forest Park, it's my first pick.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We planned ahead and made reservations for lunch since we knew our family would be visiting the Missouri History Museum that morning. I was pleasantly surprised to find a museum restaurant that offered such creative and varied menu items at reasonable prices. My daughter and I each ordered the Poached Egg & Brussels Sprouts Salad with added chicken (a generous dish), and my husband order Lobster Mac & Cheese (yum). My mother-in-law ordered the crab cakes, and she enjoyed the 4 cakes which were accompanied with vegetable slaw. Loved the large windows looking out over the lawns (which is most likely a nicer view in spring and summer instead of the dead of winter). The service was excellent and I would go back.

1  Thank Phyllis E
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Terrible cold food. Expensive and when bill came they neglected to tell us 20 percent gratuity was added. Poor service as well. The view was great.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Wonderful panoramic view looking out on the grounds of the History Museum! I ordered the local apple Waldorf Salad, adding chicken (uncharge). For $15 I expected a decently sized salad, but it was not. It was an extremely small salad nestled on the big white plate with more plate showing than salad. Yes, the portion size was disappointingly ungenerous and as to the supposed "added chicken," the kitchen must have run out of it. I must have counted only three or possibly four tiny (emphasizing tiny here) bites. I believe Bixby's must be about the view because the food, it was not. I would say if you have a small child's appetite and/or are satisfied with very little portions, this restaurant will do. I would not recommend it if you expect both good food and fair or decently sized portions.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We ate here before seeing their current special exhibits. It was extremely busy when we arrived but we had fortunately made reservations beforehand. This visit occured during the Christmas break. We were seated, our orders taken and the food arrived in a very timely manner. We had Reuben's that were excellent.