“Excellent, delicious, wide variety Sunday brunch with great view!”
Review of Bixby's - CLOSED

Bixby's
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lindell & DeBaliviere
Transit: Convenient 2 minute walk from Metro Link, Forest Park Station.
Description: Bixby's, located on the 2nd Floor of The Missouri History Museum boasts a spectacular view of Forest Park through an expansive ceiling to floor wall of curved glass. Join us for lunch Monday - Saturday, or our award winning Champagne Brunch on Sunday!
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Family took us to Bixby's for Sunday brunch before our flight back to California. The view is so beautiful overlooking Forest Park and all the people enjoying the day in the park.

The brunch had such a delectable variety of dishes, some if which one doesn't normally see on a brunch buffet. Farfalle in vodka cream sauce had an incredible blend if flavors, all five of us loved it! The green beans were prepared perfectly so they maintained their bright green color and their flavor and "crunch" (most buffets have dreadfully overcooked, limp, colorless green beans. Not Bixby's! Theirs were prepared perfectly! Thank you!)

The beef was perfect as well, tender pink and so delicious.

They had many preparations of vegetables and provided an array of fresh flavors, thank you!

The desserts were exquisite with tender moist scones, and cannoli! I've never been to a brunch that offers cannoli. They were delightful!

The omelette station offered such an array of additions and the outcome was spectacular! My son and I split the omelette, it was so generous in size.

Service was gracious, though I think our server had a few too many tables... we didn't see her too much.

Bixby's offered the best brunch I have been to in years! Thank you for your commitment to detail and flavor excellence!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

There was hair in my food. I was more than halfway done with my delicious crab cakes when I noticed a dark piece of hair intertwined with my crab patty!

I didn't overreact. I calmly placed the fork aside, shimmied the plate away from me & asked my dining companion to take a gander. She says, " Yeah Christy looks like a beard hair. You have to say something."

I called over the server and brought the hair to his attention. He immediately apologized, removed the plate and stated he'd have another prepared. I declined.

I really didn't feel safe eating anything else from the kitchen at this point. He returned a few moments later and asked if I'd like anything off the dessert menu. Again, I declined; as I'm sure it'd come from the same kitchen as the hairy crab cake.

Well...it wasn't a total bust, the crab cakes, ambience, service and price point made for a great lunch. The crab cake was removed from the bill.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

One of the best brunches in the city I call home. Visit today was highlighted by amazingly fresh cold salmon with traditional trappings, gumbo with duck meat and spicy sausage, mushroom risotto as good as it gets and delicious thick-sliced beef roast. Throw in an omelette bar, various versions of eggs Benedict, special order crepes/waffles, great salads, chicken/pork entrees, finish with desserts that rival the quality from other big name St Louis restaurants and you have a brunch worthy of your diet sacrifice. Highly Recommend.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I had lunch at Bixby's with a business colleague. I was so happy to see Ray Wiley as the Chef! He provides wonderfully creative food. I had the pasta of the day which was penne with pancetta and a light cream sauce. The dish was delicious and was quite a large portion. My colleague had the roasted brussel sprouts salad with a poached egg. She loves brussel sprouts and thought her salad was excellent. Our server was very friendly and did a nice job.

1  Thank Kathy F
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Bixby's is located within the St. Louis History Museum. There Sunday Brunch buffet is one of the best in the St. Louis area. They have a multitude of items out plus they also have additional items you can order, at no addition costs. We have been there several times and always please with the food and service.

1  Thank KentGlenstedMo