“Beautiful Hotel... Poor Staff, No Customer Service, No AC”

The Hotel Majestic St. Louis
Ranked #74 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Be cautious... There was no ac in lobby, elevator was broken, ac in room was poor at best... less than one hour after checking into hotel, we were surprised when another hotel guest opened our door... he was given the same room... by the same person at the front desk. I called down to front desk as was asked if I wanted to come down and get a new key. I stated not unless I had to... upon returning from baseball game, I found out that the front desk clerk had deactivated my key as well as the other gentleman.. I had to go back down to front desk and get another key to get into room. The breakfast buffet was lacking.. the fruit was mushy and appeared to be fruit cocktail in cans that were dumped into bowl... plastic cutlery that was of poor quality along with cheap foam plates that were not sturdy... Very unhappy with stay .... left message for manager to call us and no response... Stay at your own risk!! Very small bathroom...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Trina G, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Bardranch,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate and value our guest feedback, and we were disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your service and product expectations . We apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused you. Please know that all issues will be addressed with Management for corrective action.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Upon arriving at the hotel, lobby AC was broken and large fans were installed to keep the area cool. Then as I was checking in, staff wanted to me for the entire hotel reservation but I informed them that I was splitting the room with my buddy who was arriving later. BUT they insisted on. I am very accustomed to paying for hotel upon checking out. In addition, 1 elevator was working at the time and there was 2 days during my stay, where both elevators were not working and they told us to use the fire escape stairs up and down to our rooms on the 9th floors.

There was an employee that I would like to recognize for his outstanding customer service and friendly personality and that person is Mark. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Haven T

Dear Haven T.,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Unfortunately that was a very bad weekend for us. the lower level ac unit went down and we had issues with the elevators as well. We appreciate and value our guest feedback, and were disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your service and product expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The customer service at The Hotel Majestic was superb! Surpassing all standards any guest could ask for!! Every employee went above and beyond to make our stay as fantastic as possible. For example we where (that included 3 kids ages from 6-12) 9th floor guests- the elevator went out=18 flights of stairs. (Every parent knows the nightmare this was quickly becoming) Even though it was not at all in their control- they took ownership and offered apologies and assistance. Taking what could have been an truly terrible experience and turned it around. Blowing my expectations out of the water and that was just on check in!! Getting it up and running was a top priority and it was obvious- repairs where made as soon as they possibly could have been.
It was one fabulous employee after another. With warm greetings as we went out for the day or came back for the evening - one felt as though they where part of the family.
The team work that was displayed as they worked together was of an upmost professional level that is so rairly seen anymore.
Thank you!!!! LaQonda, LaQuisha, Mark, DeAndre, Mactavian and all the employees (because I know I am missing some)- each of you made our stay what is was. It is obvious that you all take a great deal of pride in what you do- and you should!! It is not an easy profession and you all make it look effortless.
10stars! Staying here- is a 5 star choice for anyone!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank megismom

Dear Megismom,

Thanks so much for the awesome review of our hotel. We strive to provide a memorable stay and love to have our guest come back to visit because of their previous experiences.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

On arriving at the hotel, I was amazed at the beauty of the exterior and the marble lobby, equipped with a grand piano. The room was large and clean, but the separation of the bathroom and sink was a little awkward.
The receptionist wasn't too familiar with the area and couldn't think of a restaurant to recommend, but encouraged us to go towards the Cardinals stadium, where we were offered free tickets to a fantastic game.
The next morning we were woken at 8.15 by a loud, repetitive knock, and when I went to the door, a housekeeper said 'oh I thought this room was empty', which was odd. Though we left the room for the day at 10am, the room had not been cleaned on returning at 8pm.
The beautifully decorated bar is not utilized except as a breakfast room where the good quality food (including a diy pancake and waffle station) was served on styrofoam plates with flimsy cutlery. This was very disappointing for a hotel that holds such potential!
We used the parking at the back of the hotel, passing through the garbage bins to get into the hotel, which was particularly smelly in the heat, and were slightly uncomfortable at how open the parking was to the street.
Only one of the elevators was working and that one broke down during one of the mornings of our visit, meaning we had to climb up and down 7 flights, but thankfully it was fixed by the time we checked out!
On checking out, a male receptionist did not seem to have any customer service training, staring at us without speaking until we asked to check out. He did not ask how our stay was or speak to us at all bar asking me to sign a receipt. I am also still waiting for the safety deposit taken from my account to be returned after almost 3 weeks.
I have very high hopes for this hotel if the management can deal with the numerous issues with customer service. Better organisation and care could make this a "majestic" hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aoife H
Trina G, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Aoife H.,

Good day, We first want to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with us. We are so sorry we didn't exceed your expectations during you stay . We Appreciate the feedback you've given us and please understand we will be addressing these issues immediately with upper management. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great location for this old hotel in need of staffing and an overhaul. Rooms are spacious and clean. TV is not HD. Restaurant/pub closed. Bathrooms are very nice. Check-in handled smoothly by Spartan staff.

Room Tip: Parking is free on street from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m.