“Our first visit ”

Cafe Madeleine
Ranked #410 of 3,116 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Every Sunday year-round, guests can enjoy brunch in a setting unlike any other brunch in the area. Constructed in 1878, the Palm House is the oldest standing greenhouse west of the Mississippi River and the most historically significant building in Tower Grove Park. Dining amid beautiful plants and historic statues provides a relaxing atmosphere and an excellent way to wrap up the weekend. Where else can you enjoy a wonderful brunch, read European newspapers and conclude your experience with a carriage ride through the Park?The French inspired menu changes a little every Sunday, but has something to suit everyone’s taste. Each week the café features an omelet station, cold salads, soup du jour, warm entrees, and a tempting dessert display. Of course our dessert display includes our namesake item, the traditional French Madeleine. Café Madeleine also offers a variety of beverages ranging from coffee drinks to fresh squeezed orange juice, mimosas to mixed drinks.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Since we had family recently move to the area, we decided to try Cafe Madeline for Sunday brunch. It was a delightful setting and the food was delicious.

Reservations are a must. It is pricy, beverages not included, other than water.

One of those places that I will save for special occasions. Only open on Sunday.

Definitely recommend, come hungry.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Built in 1872 the Piper Palm House has been restored for special events in Tower Grove Park. Every Sunday the refurbished green house is the venue for brunch. The Sunday brunch is provided in a pop up Café Madeleine. Surrounded by the beautiful park, the large glass panels bring in the light and greenery. High ceilings add to the charm and diffuse the noise of happy guests. The food is worthy of the setting. Carefully chosen salads and entrees may be accompanied by beverages at a nominal extra cost. We loved the champagne. The weather was beautiful, the setting was elegant, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Decent brunch for $25 (doesn't include drink). Located inside Tower Grove Park at Piper Palm House is a real perk. The spread includes meat, seafood, desserts, salad, omelette station, waffles & fresh fruit.

$7 mimosa, coffee & other cocktails available.
Service was slow but pleasant.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I'd never been to Cafe Madeleine, although I had seen "action" around the Palm House in Tower Grove Park. I was fortunate enough to partake in a brunch there this past Sunday.

Parking was surprisingly easy and so was seating. We arrived just prior to 11:30 with no reservation and were seating outside. They have a white tent that protects you from the sun and a potential interaction with any one of the many birds flying around. Fortunately, we had a nice breeze and a wonderful view of the park grounds as well.

The food is amazing. There are several types of salad and fruit, and then at the other end of the buffet provides all of the more substantial offerings. They had an amazing breakfast casserole, which was sitting next to some of the best bacon I've ever tasted! I went back for seconds.

I also tried their roast beef and their chicken. Each were very flavorful and so tender; rare for a buffet setting.

There is also a breakfast set-up with made to order omelettes, waffles and bread pudding. The chef had trouble keeping the waffles stocked in the heating pan, as they were gone as soon as he made them. I was questioning why they didn't have more than one waffle maker, but I digress. BTW... I'm not a bread pudding fan, but this stuff was pure pleasure. Try it!

Last, but not least, was the dessert area which sits in the middle of the buffet. It too was a feast for the eyes. I didn't try all of the desserts, as I was full. Of course, you have to try the madeleine!

I gave this a very good rating, as I thought the price of the buffet was a bit high at $25.50 per person. While it was delicious, I don't know if I would return again at that price. Also, several times we had to remove our own plates, so that we could return to the buffet, as the waiter was absent most of the time.

Lastly, I was a bit put off by the fact that the payment process required you to stand next to the register and THEN, you are provided the option of a tip of 18%, 20% or 25%. I felt a bit pressured to tip above 15%, even though I didn't think the service was that great.

However, it is a nice way to celebrate, share a brunch and soak in the amazing space in Tower Grove Park. They have indoor and outdoor seating. If it's nice out, I would suggest sitting outside so you can enjoy the view as well!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Not many people even know about Cafe Madeleine. It is pretty special for a couple of reasons. It is in Tower Grove Park, one of the oldest parks west of the Mississippi, and the grounds are just beautiful.
It is only open for Sunday brunch.
and is housed in a historical green house.
Reservations are required, the space is large and there is enough room that you don't feel crowded at all.
The food is very nice and there are many items to choose from.
Each time I've been here it has been quite satisfying. I'd encourage people to dine here, even once.

1  Thank saharadweller