“Day before thanksgiving - great food & service!”
Review of Southwest Diner

Southwest Diner
Ranked #99 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A New Mexico themed diner. Interestingly, it is on Southwest Avenue. Their slogan is something like, A taste of the Southwest on Southwest.
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I was staying in St Louis & wanted somewhere to go for a good breakfast. My husband found an article online that suggested Southwest Diner, so this is where we went! When we arrived we parked up outside & headed in – I think we got the last table in there as there was quite a wait after we were sat. This looked like a good sign as a place would not be so busy if the food & service were poor!

I’m vegetarian and found that they had a great selection of veggie options – including veggie sausage & veggie chorizo that you could substitute in! I opted for the Huevos Rancheros which was really tasty.

The atmosphere in the diner was good – it was busy and had a very eclectic group of customers ranging from the young to the old. The décor matched the atmosphere of the diner.

Overall, the experience lived up to expectations – and that online article that my husband found wasn’t wrong in suggesting this place!

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Long waits with free coffee and bloody mary's for purchase in the fun bus parked next to the building. Once you do get inside order up and the food comes fast. Plenty of choices for everyone from southwest inspired dishes to burgers. Who doesn't love a diner?

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Breakfast.........will never be the same ever again........the people standing outside already meant.....something was special about this place.....having a bloody Mary while we waited for a table.....that's different......after a few minutes we were sitting at our table inside (the decor was crazy cool) service was good....the menu interesting....finally we made our sellection......which arrived just in time....the food ready to introduce you to your taste buds......I'm a slow eater who enjoys the taste of food allowing my taste buds to enjoy each flovour and this is deffinatly exciting food.....worth going more times to enjoy another selection on the menu.......great food, great service, great prices, great tastes, great time.......your breakfast on Sundays just got better......lucky you..

Reviewed 6 September 2015

Ordered meal and meal to take home. So I could enjoy tomorrow. Please try the tots
The biscuits in gravy is personnel fav

Reviewed 3 September 2015

We went to SOuthwest Diner for the first time last week and we had mixed reviews. My wife and I shared a breakfast dish, huevos rancheros, and it was a little different than what I expected. Having spent time in Mexico and the southwest, the dish was not as good as I had in the past. The diner was very unique with the southwest ecor and menu options. The diner also has a bus parked next to it for people to wait for a table. Very neat idea, keeps people out of the bad weather and gives a place for people to talk to each other. Very unique and great idea. I think if I returned, I would have a burrito or other dish, maybe the other dishes are better. But I recommend trying it out at least once and judge for yourself.