“Nice representation of the brand”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #1,245 of 3,068 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 5 December 2017

It was a nice representation of the brand. Lots of friendly service, the waitress was very nice. All the usual good Denny's food at a reasonable price. It was clean and easy parking.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We popped in for a mid-morning breakfast, and had a good meal. This is a popular place, but we found two seats at the counter. Prompt service, a senior choice for breakfast, and tasty pancakes make this a great Denny's. We'd sure stop there again.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We've been going to this Denny's for several years. We tried the other Denny's a few miles away but this one has by far better service and definitely easier to get in and out. The owners renovated the entire facility and exterior within the last 2 months. It was dated and needed work, so the renovation has truly improved the appearance. The food and service needed no repairs. The portions are good, the prices are right, the options are many. Stop by and enjoy. Our favorites--Moons over Miami, Make Your Own Slam, and Ham and Cheese Omelets. I can't comment on lunch or dinner. We always eat breakfast there.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Food good and excellent choice staff were brilliant very clean place would recommend. There are a choice of specials to choose from very reasonable prices

Reviewed 5 July 2016

The family and a friend stayed in St. Louis over the holiday weekend. We decided to stop by Denny's for some breakfast before starting our day.

There was a 30 wait to be seated, which is normal for family type restaurant like this. We rode that out and was seated. We then met our waitress. She informed us that any food ordered would take about 20 minutes to be prepared. This seemed a bit strange but we decided we were invested at this point so we agreed.

The food arrived and was okay. But that's when the strangeness started. The waitress asked us several times if everything was fine (which is normal). Then some guy in a black uniform with a headset literally stepped in the booth and asked if everything was okay (I still don't know who he was). Then a lady in a maroon uniform came and asked us if everything "tasted good". We replied yes and she asked "is it good, or is it REALLY GOOD". Now I'm annoyed. But she left and we continued on.

The waitress asked if we needed anything else, which we replied no, and she brought us our checks (the friend paid separately from my family). I pull out my credit card, but the waitress is already gone. I wait around for a bit but the waitress is nowhere to be found. So I announce that I guess we have to pay at the front register. I head to the front and hand over my bill. I wrote the tip amount on the bill and expected to get the receipt to sign where I would add the tip there as well (though I wasn't thrilled with the service I didn't want to completely stiff the waitress).
The cashier seemed a bit confused as to what I would get back and what she would keep (I guess she was new). The manager(?) was standing beside her. I received back a receipt that didn't need to be signed and stuffed it in my pocket. The family friend did the same. I made a stop at the washroom while the wife put the toddler in the car seat. When I came out of the restaurant the wife and I exchanged positions and I sat in the car while she went to the washroom.

A few minutes later the family friend comes out and tells me that our waitress stopped the wife at the front door accusing her of trying to run out on the bill.
The family friend said that they accused her of the same thing. She had to show her receipt to leave.

I walk into the restaurant while the friend stays with the toddler. I asked them "how many times do they want me to pay for this meal"? I question how minutes ago I handed my card over to the person standing at the front counter and they don't seem to remember this transaction. I also point out the person that I handed the card to (who never said a word).

The manager and cashier in the mean time is frantically looking though recent receipts. It seems that the cashier did not credit the bill to the correct table or rung up the wrong receipt. All I received was a "we will straighten this out, we think we mixed up the tables".

I can't even explain how sour of a taste this left with me. However, I joked with my wife that I guess things like this has to happen every so often so you can have stories to tell later on. However, trying to run out on a restaurant bill is a pretty serious accusation. You would think they would use a bit more tact to figure out what happened vs blindly accusing someone. The entire party was standing in front of the two people manning the register. Both of those people saw a card successfully being charged. I can only imagine if I would have told them to keep the receipt or I had thrown it in the trash on the way out. I guess I would have to go sorting through the garbage to prove I paid since the memory of the staff doesn't seem to extend past 2 or 3 minutes.