“The first and the best”
Review of Leongs Asian Diner

Leongs Asian Diner
Ranked #57 of 780 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

A few times each year, my husband and I go threw springfield and always try for a different Cashew chicken experience springfield style... we have tried a half dozen and finally went to the original and met the originator "mr leongs" himself now 97 and it was definitely the best ... Adam out server was wonderful... everything was excellent... egg drop soup was yummy !!!

1  Thank Phyllis S

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My family just moved to the Springfield area and we were told that we had to try Springfield Cashew Chicken and that Leongs was the place to go. While it was good, we were all a little underwhelmed by what made the Springfield Cashew Chicken so great? We met David who was very nice and still regularly comes to the restaurant at 97 years old. The food was good, service was great, and the prices were fair. Will be back.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a late dinner on a Saturday night at Leong's Asian Diner.

We found the place had a nice, quaint dining atmosphere that had a modern and tastefully decor.

Service was outstanding and very professional. Our waiter was excellent at checking back with us to see how our meal was and if we needed anything. The food was served hot and promptly.

We each ordered something different from the menu. I was anxious to try the dish that originated here....the Springfield cashew chicken (called David's Special on the menu), and my wife opted for the beef, asparagus, and mushroom. Excluding tip, we both ate for around $25, which we thought fair for the decent sized portions we received.

Other than the bowl of wonton soup which came with my meal (it was excellent by the way) my dinner choice was nothing to write home about. I've had better cashew chicken, fried rice, and crab Rangoon. I wouldn't say it was bad or subpar....it just wasn't anything near as special as the dish was advertised. My wife's dish, however, was very good and she asked me to have a bite. I agreed...it was good and far superior to mine.

Everything considered... it wasn't a bad dining experience. In fact, we would consider going back. Leong's atmosphere and service was better than average....and depending on your order choice, the food could fall under the same category. It was just disappointing that the food they touted the most, fell short.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We go there at times when in Springfield for their lunch. You can get their lunch special (several choices), I always get the cashew chicken and friend rice, and order an eggroll which is 1.00 extra. It's large! The lunch portion will fill you up and it is GREAT! Two of us ate there yesterday, two lunch specials and each of us ordered an extra, along with drinks and it was under 25.00. We were so full we didn't eat the rest of the day, and I'm a pretty good sized guy. Well worth checking out if you haven't tried it.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Without knowing the history of, or the owner of Leong’s, I can only tell of our experience. I appreciated being offered our choice of teas to drink instead of of bombardment of alcoholic beverages, which they also had. I ordered the sweetened tea while Stephanie ordered a raspberry iced tea. She told me it didn’t taste any different than a sweet tea and yet we were charged a dollar more for it? That was the only negative of the experience.

Stephanie had a cup of Egg Drop Soup that she said was, “Yummy,” even with vegetables. “You might even like this soup Dad.” It was a chicken and egg soup simmered in a velvety soy chicken broth.

But, I had a large dinner salad with cherry-like tomatoes and my favored Bleu-Cheese Dressing. The salad was scrumptious! After that we were served our main entrees’.

Stephanie’s, Sweet & Sour Chicken topped with a tangy sauce that was sprinkled with shaved carrots and pineapples. That meal included rice and was served first and it looked delicious, Steph, said that it was.

Next, i was served my entree’ of Cashew Chicken with rice. It was fantastic! The perfect amount of thicker, delectable sauce and Cashews. Stephanie of course finished before me…everybody does. I was filling up, but it was so tasty, that I ate every morsel.

Then the dessert arrived, a decadent, strawberry cheesecake that Stephanie was unable to finish…so not wanting to send anything back…I made myself eat that remaining delectable dessert.

We will be back because in part of Jonathan, our server who was but one of the busy wait people.

Date of visit: June 2017