“Amazing food - Amazing find!”
Review of Cafe Cusco

Cafe Cusco
Ranked #8 of 718 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in one of Springfield's oldest buildings on Historic C-Street. The beautiful ambiance and delicious healthy cuisine inspired from Peru and South America make Cafe Cusco a gem and favorite among locals. Relax in one of its covered carved wooden booths, sip a cup of hot yerba mate or a refreshing cocktail from the Summit Lounge on their out door patio. Gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian friendly with an exciting menu that appeals to all flavors from the exotic to the tame. Your diner adventure awaits! Discover Cafe Cusco! Wi-Fi/handicap/non-smoking/kid-friendly
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Good friends asked us to go out for dinner tonight and we decided to go somewhere different instead of the usual.

Starting with the Morada Sangria (made from purple corn) to the Fried Guacamole appetizer to the entrees (Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry, Fried Rabbit, Pesto Peruano & Puca Picante) and ending with desserts (Lucuma Cheesecake, Coconut Tres Leche & Torte de Askinose), it was amazing! The service was excellent and the restaurant is charming. We will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Jalea Mixta, Mango Chicken Aji Verde salad with fried avocado, Chicken Para Rayos, lunch Ceviche tacos, White River Session IPA all great. Chicken Noodle dish for kids was a winner. Patio was nice, some flies. Great decor, service & live Flamenco guitar. 1884 building. Will try to go often!

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We were en route from northern Arkansas to Kansas City and stopped for lunch at what sounded like an interesting restaurant, Cafe Cusco. Peruvian food in the middle of Missouri? Guess what, it turned out to be one of the best restaurants we've been to in months. And we live in Charleston, South Carolina, not a bad place for restaurant choices. Trust me, Cafe Cusco could hold its own on King Street or East Bay. The Peruvian cuisine is authentic, the service is impeccable and the decor is charming. One of the people in our party of four was a vegan, and she was delighted with the range of vegan options. We started with gently fried avocado slices that were excellent with the mango sauce; we also tried the yucca fritas, also delicious. They are several creative salads; we especially liked the trout salad with basil aioli. The sandwiches are served on fresh focaccia and come with salad or crisp steak fries. Perhaps the most amazing dish was made with sweet potato glass noodles (first time I've seen these anywhere) with ginger, cilantro, garlic and veggies and topped with a choice of chicken, shrimp or steak. Marvelous! The presentations are colorful and creative. It was so good we stopped there on our way back from KC and it was just as good the second time around. Stop in to their sister tea shop down the street for some delightful fresh teas and other delectables. And here's the kicker: I accidentally left my ball cap there and only remembered when I was back in Charleston. I called them and they packaged and mailed it to me right away, refusing to be reimbursed for the trouble. Now that's service you don't get every day. Thanks, Cafe Cusco!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

When I am downtown or close to Commercial St this is the food I prefer. The flavor is reminiscent of my grandmother's cooking & delicious. You should really give it a try!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Every time I go, I think "this is the best meal yet". Great happy hour from 3 to 5:30. It is my daughters favorite place to go for special occasions. Very reasonably priced.

Been to Cafe Cusco? Share your experiences!