“Bust but fast and friendly service”
Review of El Nopal

El Nopal
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Sullivan
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We haven't ever found a meal that we didn't enjoy! It is always freash and hot with plenty of flavor!

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My Favorite Mexican restaurant! I eat there probably 4-5 times a month. Friendly service always busy. Location easy access to interstate 44.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Eat here twice a week and love it...know the owner and his family, they all work there, very nice people and his staff is great too...they work hard and keep the place clean and serve great food...I used to eat the chicken and rice plate all the time, then one day the owner jokingly told me I should try other entrees on the menu...so I did and now I like several other entrees there.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Good food, hot. Cold beer, friendly staff. Prices pretty good too. Fajita nachos really good, would recommend.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions; it has never been our favorite Mexican restaurant but it is okay but after today's visit I won't be returning. Food was pretty good- not the worst but nothing special; our server was good at first but nonexistent towards the end of our visit as I sucked down my empty glass of water for at least an hour. My "never going to return moment" occurred when I asked for some more shells for my fajitas.

Now I have had fajitas before and I have asked for more shells at other restaurants and received them at NO EXTRA CHARGE. Guess what I got charged $0.75 for...extra shells.

Now had I asked for extra shells and the owner, or manager, who got them for me had politely said, "there will be a $0.75 charge" I would have been fine with that...but that didn't happen and that wasn't the "I'm not coming back moment". That happened when the same cold, impersonal manager or owner checked me out. He stuck his hand out for my check- not saying a word- didn't ask about my meal or anything- until I said "it might have been nice had someone informed me that I was going to be charged extra for the tortillas". He said "you asked for them"; I said " you could have told me there was going to be an additional charge". He looked at me for a second and then turned away from me- not saying a word but stuck his hand out to my friend to get her check. She told me he is notorious for being incredibly rude.
I said "I guess we shouldn't reward him with our business anymore."

If customer service is important to you I WOULD NOT recommend this restaurant. There is another Mexican restaurant right down the right behind Jack in the Box that has REALLY GOOD customer service. I'll return there next time.

2  Thank Fsgwife