“Mmmmmm pulled chicken”
Review of Salt + Smoke

Salt + Smoke
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Salt + Smoke, BBQ Bourbon and Beer sources and smokes the best BBQ in town! We make everything from scratch from our fries to pies and can help you wash that delicious food down with any of our over 300 beers and whiskies!
Reviewed 12 February 2016

After a long day on the road with a colleague, which included dealing with some snowy sleety roads....all I wanted was mac and cheese. Enter Salt + Smoke. I had a fantastic pulled chicken sandwich with pimento cheese, with a side of the richest, cheesiest mac and cheese with crumbly crackers EVER. Totally hit the spot. Love this place and will be back!

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Busy place run well. Noisy but still can have conversation. My sons and husband fell for the extra fatty pork and it wAs. The server brought leaner cuts as the first servings were so fatty it was scary. One son got burned bits and these were great. I had the burger and loved it. BUT the real winners were the mac n cheese AND tomato green bean side. My DIL had the chicken and said it was great. Great food if you love smoke and it seems I am the only person in StL who is not keen on it....but if you know how to order it's a winner.
Delmar Loop near Wash U

1  Thank susaninstlouis2014
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This was my first time dining here, and I am so I happy my friend suggested this restaurant! First of all, our waitress was excellent. I had asked for her recommendation on whether to have the garlic and herb fries or smoked sweet potato chips as a side for my pulled pork sandwich. She said the fries were great, so I went with those. While we waited for our food, she brought out a small dish of the sweet potato chips for us to try. They were amazing, and I was hoping I hadn't made a poor decision in going with the fries. No worries - those were excellent as well. My sandwich was tasty, and the buns must be homemade as they were really fresh. I can't wait to bring my husband here.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

It was a warm evening in January, the place was full except the outdoor seating. So, our small group decided to dine al fresco. The menu was interesting with some selections not normally available at BBQ restaurants. I opted for pulled pork, as that is a your best bet at most BBQ places. It was okay. I thought it lacked the intense smokey flavor that I expect although it was moist. It was also not very hot, but I will chalk that up to the al fresco factor. They have a great selection of Bourbon, which one in our group was enthusiastic to sample. Unfortunately, the food was served by a runner and our server was no where to be seen for some time. We were already eating when we placed the order, and almost finished by the time the drinks arrived; sans the ice that our bourbon drinker ordered. I think to be fair I should try this place again, but I was not impressed on this occasion.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Been there twice, loved everything about it. In a town full of great BBQ places, Salt and Smoke is one you won't be disappointed in. The brisket is some of the best I've ever had, and I've been to quite a few BBQ joints all over the country. The apps are awesome (try the brisket ravioli!), the sauces are perfect, and every side I've tried was beyond average. And those popovers - yup. Add a great bourbon menu and you've really got me. So good we just had our wedding dinner there. Tom, the owner, and the rest of their group (especially Ani [sp?] and Andrew) were great to us. I could go on, but really, try it. You won't be disappointed.

Thank J. R. B