All reviews movie theater six flags front desk within walking distance waffles jacuzzi suite dog show beautiful hotel family wedding purina farms hot tub pillow top directly across the street parking garage off the beaten path st louis rooms were very clean
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We have had many wonderful stays since The Wildwood Hotel opened but this will be our last visit.

The hotel is full of DIRTY people with DIRTY dogs in DIRTY rooms with DIRTY bathrooms, sticky bathroom floors, pictures falling off the walls, stained and soiled shower curtains... the list is long.

As the property falls into disrepair, the prices go up and now they charge an additional fee for a mediocre breakfast. So sad!

The Wildwood used to be a hotel that the city of Wildwood could be proud of but no more. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else until these people get their act together.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessie S, Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Mark, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have received while staying at our hotel. We are proud to accommodate all family members to our hotel, including the lovely four legged ones. It is our apologizes that our hotel was not up to your standards, as our team strives to assure each guest experience is exceptional. We do hope you will give our hotel and team members a second chance to show you the true experience all our guests deserve.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I check in at 1:00am for four night stay. after two phone calls to confirm late check in and that I need a really quiet room. Desk sends me to second floor, says I’m the only one on floor so it will be quiet. My room is at the end of a very long hallway. The keys don’t work. I call desk but no one answers. I hike back to desk with my bag and he moves my room to a ground floor room with my bedroom wall abutting the enclosed swimming pool... the smell of chlorine in the hall and room were bad, the echoes of screaming children and adults in the pool until 11:00pm made sure that the early night I required were not going to happen, I couldn’t open curtains as my windows faced parked cars at street level so I was stuck in dark cave, dirty wash clothes left in the bathroom and bath mat removed? and the frigging ANTs all over my bathroom and in my toiletry bag was the last straw so I am checking out two days early and moving to another hotel. There are other choices in the area. I highly recommend that you stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessie S, Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Ms. Bauer, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your shortened stay. Our team strives to assure all guests receive an exceptional experience, but it seems this was not the case. I do see our agents tried to accommodate your request of a quiet room away from any noise and to move rooms with a complementary upgrade. We apologize you were not satisfied with your stay but thank you for your feedback and all departments had been advised of your situation.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. Hotel is very clean and in a great location. Very safe area right across from Police Station. Not far from St Louis attractions. Would stay again. Recommend. Pool is small but wasn't crowded for us at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you, valued guest, for awarding our team and hotel with five-stars for your stay! We are thrilled you returned for a second stay and we look forward to having you all back for a future stay when you pass through our town.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My family stayed the weekend and it's was a very pleasant experience. We had two rooms-both were very clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly & helpful-we drove 6 hours & did not arrive til after midnight. Mason was at the desk to greet us & in less than 5 minutes we were in our rooms.
The hotel is in a very nice area-the police department is right down the street so we felt extremely safe. There's also several up-scale restaurants within walking distance as well as a movie theater. There's also a shopping area with standard chain restaurants & fast food places about 10 minutes away. The botanical gardens are about 15 minutes away. The arch is about 30 minutes away. You are close to all sorts of major attractions but aren't in the middle of the cities main hustle. If we are ever in Saint Louis again we will definitely be staying at the Wildwood.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie B

Thank you, Stephanie, for your fabulous and detailed feedback of your stay at The Wildwood Hotel! We are ecstatic that you chose our hotel for your family fun weekend! Your explanation of our location was wonderful as well. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family and we look forward to seeing you all back for a future reservation.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

It looks like it would be a nice cozy stay and I won't lie it was not awful. But there were just enough things I didn't care for that my husband and I both said we wouldn't be back. The hot tub was very small, the window shades do not close all the way and there are streetlamps right outside our window. The beds are okay.. and I felt that our room was dirty, which is enough to make us not come back! Out bed skirt had a stain on it.. we didn't say anything it was just the bed skirt and the rest of the sheets appeared clean. The floors had a sticky feel to them and I couldn't quite get the room temperature comfortable. It was a little sticky humid everywhere and the temperatures outside are in the mid 30s to 40s. So it doesn't have to do with the outside weather. A place I wouldn't really recommend but give the hotel credit for trying. Staff was very nice and they give you fresh chocolate chips when you check in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jessie S, Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you, Mathew, for your feedback. Our team members strive to assure an exceptional experience for each of our guests and apologize that was not the case in this instance. We have Guest Service Agents at the front desk 24 hours a day to assist with any guest requests or needs. I do hope you were able to utilize them regarding any inconveniences during your stay. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we do hope you will give us a second chance by returning to The Wildwood Hotel for a future reservation.