“ loved this place”

Open Range Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband amd I were passing through, driving from Nashville back home to West Central MO. We stopped for dinner because we wanted a longer stretch and relax break. This place was perfect! Unique menu with great food, friendly, attentive staff, nice decor, clean facilities. I horse camp in the area and will definitely be coming back and telling my friends about this place.

1  Thank Wingkins

Reviewed 3 October 2017

While traveling on business, my wife and I happened to find this place right next to our hotel. We noticed on Sunday, they closed at 3PM but they were open Monday for lunch and dinner. It is a very homey venue with extremely friendly folks working there. We were greeted promptly at the door by very friendly people and promptly seated. They had the specials on the wall in chalk and the server went over them with us. She suggested Bean soup for starters and we decided to try it. It was excellent and very tasty. My wife couldn't eat much due to a dental surgery. I ordered the MacBurger, which was essentially a burger with all the fixings including macaroni and cheese as a topping. It was excellent and grilled perfectly to order. The meal was hot, and the server was very courteous and friendly. We felt "at home" the entire time we were there. They have excellent desserts and I had carmel cheese cake which was extra fine!!

As small towns go, this restaurant is a tremendous asset to Willow Springs! If you are in the area, it is well worth a trip to dine at the Open Range. The Western decor is a nice touch to the venue also.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Spent the day traveling around checking out some national parks and was looking for somewhere to stop for dinner, saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try Open Range. Just as others before us we were happy with our decision. Nice menu options, very clean and had great service. Food was good and portions generous.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

WOW, what an experience! We were traveling back to southeast Mizzou from Branson and decided to stop in for lunch on 28 Aug 2017~Best decision(almost ever)
We were promptly greeted and seated upon our arrival. Our hostess/waitress advised us that she was the only one working as others had called in for one reason or another. She was awesome. I wish the younger generations and fellow servers could have seen her in action. She cared that customers had their food on their table and glasses have full. The food was incredible; our party had the Reuben, steak salad, steak fingers and pulled pork sammich. I tried everyone's and they were all mouthwatering and I wanted more. We ended up with snicker cheesecake(make sure you save some room)
Do you and your stomach a favor and stop in. You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I are at Open Range while traveling through town. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. We did have a bit of a wait for our food, about 45 minutes, but overall it was worth it. In fact, the wait is the only thing keeping this place from 5 stars. Our waitress was friendly and explained that our order did not register in the kitchen and she had to resubmit it some time later. To her credit, she did offer us free desert or a discount on our bill. We chose the 10% discount.
My wife had the French Dip sandwich, which she said was absolutely delicious. She got a. Asked potato with it, but it was bland and absolutely unremarkable. I had the steak salad and could have hidden behind it because if it's size.
They got a few of the items wrong, but fixed them right away. Other customers were friendly. Outside of the potato and my daughter's rice (it was somewhat mushy), the food was excellent. I would return to this place if in the area again and would recommend it to others.