“Fantastic! You must go!”

Riverhouse Bbq & Events
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Big Sky
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located along the banks of the Gallatin River off Highway 191 in Big Sky, Montana, The Riverhouse serves up authentic Texas BBQ Montana-style. Prepared in the authentic Texas Hill Country style, our barbecue is dry rubbed with a house-made blend of seasonings and spices then slow smoked over hand-cut mesquite wood. Paired with our homemade sides like beans, corn, coleslaw and cornbread, it’s the perfect comfort food.­ Gather for dinner, stay for the free, live music, and soak in the views of the Gallatin River and Spanish Peaks. Bring the gang, put your feet up, and relax. The Riverhouse is also the perfect place to host a wedding or other special event. The Riverhouse offers a beautiful riverfront setting with room for up to 300 guests, as well as more intimate indoor venue, the Dance Hall. Hosting a really big group? Talk to us about renting out the entire restaurant.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

First, I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but the reviews sucked me in. They are true. I ate every single thing! I ordered the $7 3 piece chicken. You can't beat it. I don't really even typically order this, but the reviews were so good I had to try it. The coating it perfectly crispy and reminded me of a thinner fish fry type coating. We LOVED the soft pretzel appetizer. I LOVED being in a busy restaurant with happy people noises like pre-COVID. They followed all the COVID rules perfectly, but this is the ambience that I've been missing. Our server and the hostesses were soooo friendly and nice. Even my teenage boys commented on that! My kids had the mac and cheese with chicken-huge portion and a massive burger. My husband had the brisket. He really liked it too. The bar drinks were great. I wish we could come in the summer. The outdoor patio looked amazing. Pretty views too. If we return to Big Sky, this will be a must do. Enjoy!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Shellbelleandboys
Write a reviewReviews (875)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Skiing the Big Sky Ski Resort mountains builds up quite an appetite, but this is the place will surely take care of that problem. We ate dinner here and had a great meal. I had a big burger. My daughter had the tasty fried chicken and the three of us shared the BBQ platter, which was loaded with fine meat (we had plenty of leftovers). We also enjoyed fine adult beverages from the bar. The place had a good crowd, in COVID terms, with well spaced tables and everyone appeared to be following the guidelines. Highly recommended.

1  Thank romanmel
Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

What a great meal of southern comfort food! Who knew Montana would have the best southern Fried chicken and fried okra! As a southern girl ..I was impressed!

2  Thank Amgs16
Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

After spending the day skiing, dog sledding or fly fishing, Riverhouse is the perfect place to (safely) warm up and grab a bite and a drink. I highly recommend the cheese curds and my husband loved the bbq sandwich. Service was great and we loved the signature spicy marg!

1  Thank BMoMI24
Reviewed 10 February 2021

We ate here on a trip to ski Big Sky. The portions were huge and were so good. Seriously this place exceeded expectations. We had 6 couples and nearly a week later we are all talking about missing the skiing and the BBQ. The Family style sampler for 2 was gigantic and some of the best bbq I have had. Highly recommend. It is about 20 min from the resort but well worth the drive.

2  Thank Mikecmiller