“Wonderful and delicious Italian restaurant”
Review of When in Rome

When in Rome
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Bigfork
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new ownership and management as of May 2016. Mediterranean Restaurant. Serving Pizza Pasta and other Mediterranean dishes since 2010. Voted Best Pizza in Montana from Food Network Magazine. Local Fresh.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Our friends suggested this wonderful little restaurant. Atmosphere was great and service supreme. My husband I ordered their signature lasagna and gnocchi. We shared a beet salad. We were not disappointed!!! Our friends shared the lemon pizza which looked divine!! Nice selection of wines and cocktails!! This is a gem of a restaurant!!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This restaurant is located in a small strip mall on the way into Bigfork. The original owner/chef sold out but the current owners/operators have maintained the successful and somewhat innovative menu that made this restaurant so appealing. The service was a little slow, but the food was good.

The apple walnut salad and the mozzarella/tomato/balsamic appetizer were acceptable.

My wife enjoyed the lobster-filled ravioli, with the citrus buerre blanc producing a very nice aftertaste.

I found the Lucky Lemon pizza, with pesto, feta, red onion. grape tomato, balsamic reduction and very thinly sliced lemon to be surprisingly good. Thin, slightly crisp crust. It was the lemon peel combined with the sweetness of the balsamic reduction that made this selection really stand out.

On a previous occasion, I had the Best Pizza Ever, and found it to be very tasty.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We had 3 different types of pizzas from When in Rome and all were great. The restaurant is really nice and the staff was great. The also have a really good selection of wine and beer. We have a daughter with a gluten allergy and she loved the gluten free pizza with pepperoni. The meat lovers and the margarita pizzas were both really good. We loved the thin crust from the brick over. We highly recommend this restaurant for pizza.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stopped in on a weekday evening with no reservations and were seated right away by the friendly staff. I started with a beet carpaccio salad which had very thinly slices of beets with arugula, parmesan, goat cheese and balsamic sauce. Delicious! Then I had Amatriciana, a pasta dish with spicy pork and red sauce. Yum. I tried two different wines which were both great. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

My husband and I treated my brother-in-law out to dinner for his birthday on July 24, 2017. Upon entry, the aromas coming from the kitchen made my stomach growl; so wonderful. Our host was very warm and friendly. Small restaurant with an open kitchen and quite busy. We ordered a bottle of montepulciano which was good; it is the same offering as their selection by the glass. The wine list is pretty good for a small place. I ordered their pasta carbonara. Okay, I cook, so I know what carbonara is supposed to be: a pasta with eggs and either guiancole or pancetta. It is supposed to be a light sauce. Theirs is a flour-based roux, thus rendering it gummy/sticky, and it was not hot. I did not send it back, but picked at it, then took the left-overs home. (They went in the trash.) My husband and brother-in-law ordered the lasagna. It was served in a square 7x7 baking dish (guessing the dimensions) and the corners on both were a tad overdone. I sampled my husband's. It was different, with black olives. We each had a Caesar salad. They were okay. Our waiter was efficient, not overly friendly, but efficient. I watched as pizzas were delivered to other tables. They really looked good and I was very sorry I did not just order a pizza. Pretty safe, right? Like I said, the place was busy and it smelled wonderful when we entered. Not sure how the pizzas are but I was pretty disappointed in the other dishes.

Been to When in Rome? Share your experiences!