Timbers Motel(Bigfork)
US$166
US$225
US$189
Bridge Street Cottages(Bigfork)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$195
US$229
Islander Inn(Bigfork)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2014

The owners Linda and Charley are great hosts and they do everything they can to make the stay the best that it can be. It's a rustic cabin in the woods, isolated and yet not. There have provided great amenities including a gas bbq, which my family used every evening; eating utensils, a refrigerator and a microwave. They even provided citron candles for the mosquitoes, a cooler on the porch for drinks, extra chairs etc... The best was the campfire pit which makes "camping" complete.
There aren't many eateries or restaurants nearby so you are better off buying groceries at a nearby supermarket and grilling every night.
There is no in-room wifi but you get free wifi at the breakfast house. Breakfast was delicious and hearty.
This is a wonderful place to stay to see the surrounding Bigfork and Flathead area. Just note that Glacier National Park is about 50 minute drive one way, so take that into consideration when planning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2014

)Our family has stayed with Linda and Charlie at the Swan Lake Cabins for the past two summers and have the best time! Not only are Linda and Charlie amazingly accommodating and kind they have a beautiful property that they've put a lot of time and energy into. From the first moment you arrive the quiet beauty of the Montana wilderness captures you. The cabins are remote but still easily accessible to Big Fork, Kalispell & Glacier National Park. The cabins are fully equipped to make you feel right at home. Our family stays in the Cowboy Cabin which is perfect for my husband. myself, our two kids (ages 6 & 9) and the dog. My son loves staying up in the loft and making it his own private space. I would highly recommend Swan Lake Cabins to anyone wanting to get away from the routines of everyday life and some quiet, relaxation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We attended a wedding in Big Fork the weekend of June 21, 2014. Our group rented the entire property and had a great time gathering at the main house at the end of the day. We were able to reserve our cabins individually, so each party could make a longer or shorter reservation, and not have to all check-in and check-out at the same time -- fabulous! We stayed on two days after the weekend to explore Glacier Park, Flathead Lake and spend some time in Big Fork. Marvelous breakfast and great conversation with Linda and Charley every morning. They offered lots of suggestion on ways to spend the day, really an amazing part of our country. Best of all was the quiet and comfort of the cabins. We loved our stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Swan Lake Cabins for 5 days. I went there for a wedding that took place nearby. Other wedding guests stayed in the nearby cabins and house, so it was very convenient. After the wedding I was there for 3 days by myself. It was wonderful sitting out in the yard getting some fresh air and sun while reading. The cabins are well spaced so that each cabin has plenty of privacy. You can walk around and experience the beautiful views of the lake. I also enjoyed the porch swing for just relaxing and reflecting on a life in Chicago that is more hectic than the lovely slow pace of Montana! The inside of the cabin is homey and has a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. They even provided books in the cabin for something to read. Linda and Charley, the owners, were wonderful, enjoyable, interesting people. They never disturbed me, but if I sought them out I could have lovely conversations with them and share our travel experiences. They provide excellent breakfasts and even joined me for breakfast one day so I wasn't eating alone. It was the perfect spot for me as I was close to the wedding and also had the peace and serenity that I was looking for during my time alone. They have nearby restaurants, and many things to do. It is a very cozy, welcoming feel, like a Bed and Breakfast, but with a lot more space to yourself! I would highly recommend staying in these perfect Montana cabins!!

Room Tip: I chose the Bear's Den cabin and it has a little bigger yard than some of the others. They are all quiet and very private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bonnie H
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was so excited when I found these cabins in my search for an authentic Montana escape. I had high hopes for what the experience would be and I was not disappointed. Linda and Charley have a beautiful property and great location and my cabin was exactly what I hoped it would be!

I stayed in the Bear's Den cabin. What I love (well, one of the many things) is the location of the cabin. Each cabin is separated from the others by trees. So there's a measure of privacy and a sense of having your own space. There's a fire pit in the yard with wood provided. I had a brand new gas grill on the porch which worked like a charm. Plates, utensils, cooking tools, glasses, can opener, napkins, dishwashing liquid, etc. are provided. I needed a pot to cook some things in and Linda and Charley gladly provided one. They are very accommodating! Another thing I loved was that the inside of the cabin was really clean and nicely appointed. The furniture is of rustic design, made of chunky wood to match the log cabin feel. The bed was very comfortable, not too firm or soft. There's baseboard electric heaters, if needed. The bathroom was perfect in size and function. The water pressure was very good. Everything in the cabin was perfect for me. There was a really nice porch swing for enjoying the quiet evenings and a couple of picnic tables to sit at in the yard. There's lots of literature to look over in the cabin that gives an idea of what to do and see in the area. Linda and Charley were also good resources on the area.

I was pretty lucky the few days I stayed there because it was early in the season and the other cabins weren't occupied during that time. So I got to have breakfast (which was very well prepared) with Linda and Charley a couple times and get to know them. Such great people and very happy to share their experiences and advice on what to do and see in the wilds of Montana.

The town of Bigfork is very close by and Glacier National Park is about 45 minutes away. Very convenient for my excursions in that area. I can't recommend these cabins enough! They are spectacular!! I'll definitely visit them again when I get back to Montana.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo