“Best in the west” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Gillette, Wyoming
“Best in the west”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The boss says I can stay anywhere in Billings that I want to. I stay here more than 25 times a year. The free breakfast is great, the rooms and staff are consistantly high quality. My sleep is nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Wayne J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My boss booked me a room as we were attending a business meeting. I found the entire experience exceptional. The staff was very nice and helpful. They signed me up for their Club Carlson card where I can build points for future stays. The complimentary breakfast was fabulous, lots of variety. The rooms are very nice and clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I had ever slept on. I enjoyed the entire stay so much that I canceled a hotel reservation that I had at a different hotel for the following week and booked one here. I was not disappointed in the least, but this time I got a room on the back side. One thing I want to mention is how quiet it is there, never heard anyone in adjacent rooms or anyone in the halls.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Lenoir City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed here on our last night of a 10 day wild west trip. I booked this place due to other reviews and it's location close to the airport. It's on the east end of Billings near stores and other places to eat. We were not disappointed. We had to leave early for our flight and I thought the complimentary breakfast would't be out yet but I was wrong. I'm not sure what time they have it served but that day it was in time for early departure folks like us. The staff was very pleasant. When arriving I asked about a "local" place to eat and the desk clerk had several suggestions. Then in the morning as we were leaving the nightshift clerk was very friendly and provided good conversation. The location is on the main road. We had a room facing the road which had the asociated road noise although it eventually calmed down. My kids were in a room at the back and it was very pleasant. I would suggest requesting a room back there. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, staff pleasant, breakfast good. It met my expectations.

Room Tip: To reduce road noise get a room that doesn't face the road.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sling-0
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Sling-O ~ I'm so thrilled to read such a great review! Your profile says your a "senior contributor" with 23 reviews submitted, I'm honored you found our hotel to be so clean! I will pass all these wonderful comments to the staff...they love to hear guests feedback! Michelle Breitwiser, GM
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I usually dispise staying at hotels, because they are always dirty and gross and you don't know if they actually changed the sheets. ick. HOWEVER, this was the nicest hotel stay I have EVER had. The room was immaculately clean, you can tell that the cleaning staff take care in their job. The room was gigantic. And the front desk staff was super nice, friendly and helpful. Also, the free breakfast each morning was amazing!! So much variety, even in the middle of the week! And the cook was so sweet to us! I also loved that they have a coffed and tea station in the lobby, so I could get a coffee at 3pm when I get tired every day. The staff also was very kind to our 5 children and didn't act as if they were being too loud or obnoxious. I will definately stay here again when we go back to Billings, MT. And I will recommend it to all my friends who go there as well!!!
My only complaint is that the roll-a-way beds were very uncomfortable for our children. They ended up pulling off the mattresses and putting them on the floor, which was better, but not awesome. And 2 of our kids just slept on the floor, it was less lumpy.

Room Tip: We had the big suite, if you are traveling with children, this is best, because it has a king sized...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie M
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
StephanieM~ Thank you for writing such a GREAT review! Our staff does make this hotel the BEST. Thanks for point this out!! Michelle Breitwiser, GM
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

What a pleasant surprise, what not sure what to expect because I thought this was more of a economy hotel. But trusted the reviews. It was clean and rooms were large and they had great coffee!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business