“Bagels like New York”

The Great American Bagel
Ranked #149 of 370 Restaurants in Billings
Reviewed 3 January 2018

EVERY Saturday, I go to the 2nd best bagel shop in the state (the first being bagel works in Bozeman, Mt) and they are doing something right. I get a dozen for my staff and boy oh boy, they are appreciative and the food (bagels) and special cream cheese (vegetable and/or chive) are excellent. Great customer service and good prices--a must if you are in Billings!

1  Thank beatlest

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

When I travel to Billings (monthly) for work I always order 2 corporate packs for the team members. Really the only place in Billings for bagels. The bagels are good especially the asiago‘s. Place is always busy, chaotic and somewhat dirty. Always call my order in the day before and the last two visits they had forgot when I showed up the next morning . Even lost the receipt to. But I keep coming back so that means something.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Love having a breakfast Asiago Omelet on a toasted bagel. Turkey, egg, red peppers and asiago cheese. So incredible.

Can't expect a comfy atmosphere or very friendly staff. They're usually quite busy, with people ordering 2-5 bagels or sandwiches at a time, so I understand "gotta get 'er done" motto, but they could smile, greet with professional appreciation that we came in. Ahhh...Not so much (in the 3-4xs we've gone this summer.)

Massive Construction on 24th Street W has put a damper on easy access in and out, so let's give Great American Bagel the benefit of the doubt - this time.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The food is good so I gave it two dots. We visited on Sunday 8/6 and it was noticeably dirty. The floor was littered with crumbs, the tables smudgy, the windows full of smears and fingerprints and confirmation those weren't just busy morning after effects, the ceiling vents and grilles were caked with gray fuzz. A tub of murky water with a gray dishrag in it sat atop the tray return. So, even if the tables were being wiped down after each guest, it was just smearing goop around with cold water and a dirty rag. A couple of what looked like baking trays with bagel prints were leaned up against the wall between the glassed in bagel making area and the back kitchen. First I noticed the trays. Then I noticed the dirty/stained tile floor base and floor they were on.

My husband loves their bagels but we won't be back again. There is a serious cleanliness issue going on there.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We needed a quick breakfast to take in the car on our way out of town and found this wonderful bagel shop. Service was fast, the place was spacious and clean, and it was very busy which is a good sign. Our bagels were delicious and there were so many choices! Would love to come back when we had more time.