“Terrible”

Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We went to the Cactus Creek at the end of June. We were seated quickly and got our drinks, gave our order. Then we sat and waited all along having to listen to the cook trying to sing the whole time . We hardly saw our waitress, and when someone did come by we complained about the singing. It only stopped about 5 min. Our food came up and nobody would pick it up for awhile. Another waitress finely brought our food. The steak was warm the potato wouldn't even melt the butter and it tasted like the day before. For what my wife and I spent on the meal we should have gone somewhere else. Told our waitress after she got our money that it was the worst meal and atmosphere we have ever experienced. What was sad is that we were the only ones in the dining area.

5  Thank Dan O

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I got some kind of chicken bowl with cactus potatoes. I was told the potatoes were baked and smothered in queso, sounds pretty good. Deep fried potato chunks leaking grease and not a bit of seasoning was on them, not even salt!!!!!! Greasy nasty piece of crap for 15 bucks is a freaking joke! Don't even get me started on the white trash prison blt my friend had! This place is a joke, what kind of steakhouse serves this Crap to human beings?The owners should swallow their pride and hire a real chef to run the back of the house or they should leave town and change their names! Don't go here ever! Qdoba is down the street and knows what they are doing!

5  Thank Jtyants
FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. Our goal is to satisfy every guest and it is never good when someone leaves unhappy. I invite you to please contact our management staff to discuss how we might change your mind about our establishment. After all, we cannot fix a problem until we know about it. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We chose Cactus Creek due to the fact that kids eat free since they usually dont eat it anyway. We ended up paying $51 dollars for 2 adults and 2 chilren. We each had the Outback,which is a french dip with bacon 1 beer and 1 soda. We did order 2 side salads the menu said they were 4.95 each. The salads came and were literally 1 cup of iceberg lettuce and a few croutons and then were really $7.45 ea just so you know the cheapest part of the whole meal was the large draft beer at only $6.00

4  Thank Hilaree_13
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stopped at this restaurant on our cross country trip. We always try to find locally owned restaurants for their unique variety of menu items. This restaurant had a really great variety of menu choices and their happy hour was a bargain. The place was very spacious and nicely decorated. I noticed that there was a good mix of families and couples. The service was excellent and the food was great. We will stop here again on our way back!

FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

I remember speaking with you both during your trip. Again, I am very pleased that you had such a memorable experience at Cactus Creek. (This is a private message so it may not make sense to everyone..."Hope you enjoy the horseradish!") Thanks again for your visit and I very much look forward to seeing you again on your next road trip.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I haven't been to Cactus Creek in a few years because it felt like thingswere really going downhill for awhile. A friend told me that he was there recently and it was good and that I should try it again. I am happy that I gave them another try. Good food and friendly service. They have definitely turned things around. Unlike other places, it actually seemed like they care about my business. I'll be back.

Frank B, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

We are very happy that you were happy with the second chance you gave us and hope to see you again very soon.