“The Food is Great but they are not #2A”

Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I live 130 miles from the Billings Restaurant. Every time I get to Billings this is where I would eat. Recently I was there after a doctors appointment (I am 60% disabled). I carry two Concealed Carry Permits from two different states. That day when I went to the Saloon I forgot to leave my gun in my vehicle lockup. I was having a beer as I always do and getting ready to order. An employee (who was not working but was in the Saloon) walked over to me as I sat at the bar and bumped into me. I did not say anything but kept talking to the bar tender. This employee left and came back and bumped into me again. I asked here if she liked bumping into me (with a smile on my face) and she said yes. She left and about 5 minutes later I was be questioned by two Billings Police Officers, one on each side. One officer asked if I had a hand gun under my shirt. I had to think if I had it on and before I could answer the officer said (you forgot to take it off before coming in didn't you? I said yes and was arrested for carry of a concealed weapon in an area prohibited by law. yes I know but I will never eat at that establishment or any other of there establishments again. They simple could have asked me to leave or to go put my weapon in my vehicle. But instead they had an almost 62 year old man arrested. Even the Billings Police officers could have ask me to leave and put my weapon in my vehicle. With all that is going in these days with even Police Officers being hunted and killed that this would happen. I believe #Blue Lives Matter. Always will. But I will always remember Cactus Creek and there failure to have a sign at there entrance to remind people that they do not believe in the Second Amendment. Where every I go if some idiot with a gun wants to take innocent life's I will risk my life to save there's. Just not at this establishment I guess now.

There are newer reviews for Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Golly, but I hate to do negative reviews, and so wanted to like this place. Our neighbor recommended it awhile back, and when we were hungry this past Saturday, decided to stop here for a quick lunch. Two things should have told us something was up - the front glass doors/windows were totally smeared with finger prints and hand prints (I can understand the windows being dirty, but guys, this is your first impression of a place, and it looked as if it hadn't been wiped off in weeks) and the place was relatively empty (saw two tables with people in the dining room) for 1:00 p.m. on a busy Saturday in Billings.

We were seated in an airy and industrial-feeling dining room that appeared clean and pleasant. Our perky server checked with us a few times and brought us water before we were ready to order. Then, all of a sudden, we had a new server - with no explanation. We told her that someone was already helping us and she said that they'd switched. Not a problem, but common courtesy, I think, would have dictated that this new server let us know. I ordered a cup of the beer-cheddar soup with a side Caesar salad, and Michael ordered the turkey sandwich. The high point of the meal was the soup - hot and very tasty. Then Michael's sandwich arrived. It looked good and a nice portion - with a side of fries - except that it was the roast beef sandwich (he'd ordered turkey). Not wanting to wait to send it back, he ate it. It was pretty good, and so large that he brought half of it home. Now, the really sad and sorry part was the Caesar salad. It came with tiny chopped tomatoes and large chunks of onions. I've never had tomatoes or onions in a Caesar salad, but I'm not picky, so thought that maybe this was a Billings-style or Cactus-Creek style Caesar. But then - the dressing. It was sweet-ish. There's no sweet in Caesar salad! But wait, there's more. It (the dressing) was ... slimy ... for lack of a better term. I couldn't eat it. When our server came by, I explained how bad it was, and she said she'd go and get her manager. The server returned saying the manager took $5.00 off the bill, but, really, I think a good manager would have come to the table, looked at the salad, and spoken to me. And perhaps offered me something else to eat (the soup was good, but I was still hungry). The good thing - I didn't get sick from the slimy salad. Now, maybe in the evenings, the casino and bar draw in more people and the food is better and the drinks are huge, because, otherwise, I don't know how this place has stayed in business for so long. But we will not be re-visiting Cactus Creek.

1  Thank Lamarvalley
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Our single Billings dining experience was awful! We expected great steak dinner and some sports on television. We ended up with greasy bar food and two unresponsive channels. The server was apologetic, the facility LOOKS great. They have nothing after the front door!

1  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 27 August 2015

While looking for something different than the typical fast food, we stumbled across this splendid place. Yes, there is a casino there and a full bar (where they can also serve food in) but the restaurant side is very large! Lots of windows and natural light. Tall ceilings and some very tasteful decor made for a pleasant surprise! We both had a simple half sandwich/salad for lunch. My sandwich had turkey - not sliced and out of some package. Real turkey. Great flavor. The half chef salad had way too many toppings so finding lettuce was a mess! Great flavors, great quality from what we had. We will be back to try something else soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

My wife had the best wings here (real wings with the bone in). They were very soft inside and crispy outside. I had the ribeye and it was very flavorful with a good portion size. I thought it was a very good value for the money with no waiting on a Wednesday night.