“Nothing special”

Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 25 December 2015

I was at Cactus Creek for an employee party. It was held in the bar. Appetizers had been ordered in advance. When we arrived there may have been about 15 people or so already there. Some were at the high tables, some mingling and maybe 6 or so sitting at the bar. I stood at the bar, for 20 minutes, watching the 3 employees behind the bar standing at the opposite end. One finally walked by and I asked if I could order a beer. The rest of night was pretty much the same way. The food was OK.

1  Thank Zenergygal
There are newer reviews for Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon

Reviewed 22 December 2015

We had a reservation for a group of 16 for a birthday party. Since they called to confirm the reservation they should have been prepared. Unfortunately that was not the case. We were assigned an inexperienced waitress who took 15 minutes to even acknowledge that we were there. She took drink orders and after 30 minutes we still did not have all the drinks. So a member of our party went to the bar, ordered and served the missing drinks and some refills. We even had to go to the bar for something as simple as a pitcher of water. A member of our party also went around to empty tables to find everyone a napkin and some silverware. The salads barely made it out before the food, which took about 45 minutes. The waitress thought she had all the food out when she realized that six people were missing their food. Those that were served early had completed their meals by the time the last meals arrived. Not the way a large party enjoys their time together. At least 2 people received the wrong item. It wasn't worth the time or energy to complain or we would have been there all afternoon. The most disconcerting event was the fact that the grill cook was wearing pajamas and had an infant strapped to her chest has she cooked over the grill. Don't go. There are better places to spend your hard earned dollars.

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I have been there several times now, and I am usually pretty easy to please and not very picky. This place has disappointed every time. The service was not very good. Our server didn't really care about us. We requested a few more fries than normal since every time we go there, they completely skimp on them.. Meaning sometimes I only get 5 fries. She was unwilling to accept responsibility and just told us to order another side order, so we did.. Come on.. Unacceptable. She wasn't even willing to check into it. My friend received the wrong order and my patty melt's bread wasn't even grilled. No wonder every time we go there, no one is in there. We are never going back.

1  Thank Dman6480
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We have visited many times and always had a good experience, unfortunately this restaurant has degraded tremendously. Used to have good food at reasonable prices. Now the food is mediocre and the prices are extreme for the quality. There was only one other table in use when we arrived, that should have been our first clue. My pasta was luke warm, cold in spots, french dip was horrible and turkey crusty which used to be delicious is now less than desirable. We will not return.

1  Thank ironhrse
Reviewed 30 September 2015

I live 130 miles from the Billings Restaurant. Every time I get to Billings this is where I would eat. Recently I was there after a doctors appointment (I am 60% disabled). I carry two Concealed Carry Permits from two different states. That day when I went to the Saloon I forgot to leave my gun in my vehicle lockup. I was having a beer as I always do and getting ready to order. An employee (who was not working but was in the Saloon) walked over to me as I sat at the bar and bumped into me. I did not say anything but kept talking to the bar tender. This employee left and came back and bumped into me again. I asked here if she liked bumping into me (with a smile on my face) and she said yes. She left and about 5 minutes later I was be questioned by two Billings Police Officers, one on each side. One officer asked if I had a hand gun under my shirt. I had to think if I had it on and before I could answer the officer said (you forgot to take it off before coming in didn't you? I said yes and was arrested for carry of a concealed weapon in an area prohibited by law. yes I know but I will never eat at that establishment or any other of there establishments again. They simple could have asked me to leave or to go put my weapon in my vehicle. But instead they had an almost 62 year old man arrested. Even the Billings Police officers could have ask me to leave and put my weapon in my vehicle. With all that is going in these days with even Police Officers being hunted and killed that this would happen. I believe #Blue Lives Matter. Always will. But I will always remember Cactus Creek and there failure to have a sign at there entrance to remind people that they do not believe in the Second Amendment. Where every I go if some idiot with a gun wants to take innocent life's I will risk my life to save there's. Just not at this establishment I guess now.