“Great food and hospitality”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #66 of 244 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

The hostess was very pleasant. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and pleasant. (Probably got the best tip of the night from us.) Asked if needed anything regularly. The Porterhouse was amazing. So tender. The salad was good too. Onions, cheese and croutons. Could use more deessing though. Two minute walking distance to Country Inn and Suites. The downside is the lighting. I almost fell asleep after being in a car all day. Too ambient for my liking in a restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

The Outback is one of the most dependable chains around and this one is very good as well. However the young hostess did not greet us, looked irritated that we interrupted her convo with another staff member and handed us the menus and said "sit where you want" in a very rude voice. Now maybe she was having a bad day...but really, people are paying her a salary and she is the first representative of the restaurant when you walk in. She cost this Outback a normally 5 star review. Not a good representative for the restaurant or her generation.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Try as I might to award this establishment with a five rating, something negative pops up. Food - great preparation and great taste. Service was terrific. Now the but part: But the utensils were disgustingly dirty ( prior use/food) even thought they were neatly wrapped in the white napkin. Last visit some months ago: great food and service but they had the air conditioner on when it was 37 degrees outside - we ate in our coats. I am thinking the restaurant needs new management.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We were here during Graduation and Mother's Day Weekend--so we called ahead knowing that they would be busy. We called saying we would be there around 7:15 with a party of 8. We arrived at 7 to check on the status of things. They told us our wait would be about 40 minutes, "around 7:45". Not a problem at all--we knew it would be a bit of a wait. However, we went and sat outside to wait. We waited until 7:45, no buzz from the buzzer. 7:55--still nothing. So I walked inside to check on the status. I asked the hostess the status and looked at their list. As the host looked at the list, she realized they had flipped the page and basically forgotten about us. Her facial expression bascially said "Oh crap. We totally forgot this table and they haven't been seated in forever."

They said our table would be ready soon--they were "just waiting for them to finish eating". I go back outside to the family and relay the message. Immediately after I got outside, they called a group of 7 (we had a group of 8) who had arrived FAR AFTER we had. So we were all very frustrated with that. When we actually were seated at 8:20 (after an extra 40 minutes past what they said), I mentioned to the young lady who seated us that we waited far longer than we were supposed to, even with calling ahead, and saw a party comparable in size to ours be seated BEFORE us. We were responded with "Oh I know that's frustrating. That table just took a really long time to eat." Seriously? There was no acknowledgement that they forgot us, or that we had waited for over an hour. With our waitress, she was plenty nice and courteous, but she got several of our orders wrong and overall was rather slow.

With all of this, not once were we met with any apology or acknowledgement of the wait, or the fact that is was very clear they forgot us. I am very disappointed in the customer service. Waits at restaurants are normal, and I understand that they do fluctuate, and there isn't an exact science. But to clearly forget a party and not even apologize? Not acceptable customer service in the slightest.

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 15 May 2016

My husband enjoyed the prime rib and I savored the baby back ribs. The meals were tasty. The staff was attentive and friendly