“Best Bozeman Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I have eaten here several times on visits to Bozeman. It is a perfect breakfast restaurant in my book. The food offerings are all delicious, ample and varied. The ambiance is charming and funny. Service is good and great coffee keeps coming. My personal fave is their breakfast burrito, but everything is great.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I had breakfast at several restaurants in Bozeman during my trip, and the Cateye offered the best breakfast of all. Lots of yummy choices.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

A few years ago, we were travelling through Bozeman and asked someone at a gas station where a good place to eat was. After they tried to direct us to a chain restaurant, we told them we wanted to know where they go and they directed us to the Cateye. We come back here every time we come through town. We love the décor and enjoy talking with the staff and the food is fantastic. They recommended the Banana Bread French Toast to us on our first visit and we were hooked. Everything we've had has been super. We were even able to stop here twice on our recent trip, once heading to our destination and once on the way back. Keep up the great work and we'll see you when we come through next time!!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Just because I LOVE cats we had to try this place for breakfast. When we arrived we climbed a few stairs to get to the landing where we found a note on the wall to put our name on the waiting list. We're good at following instructions and were rewarded when the waitress (owner?) said we were some of her smarter customers. Flattery gets you everywhere with me so we stood and waited about 15 minutes for our table. Mind you my pet peave is standing in line but since we were first we figured we'd stay. Four people came in right behind us, followed instructions and left in frustration just before a table for 4 opened up. Their loss. Maybe they don't like cats.
Since my favorite breakfast, avadado benedict, wasn't on the menu I ordered my usual 2 eggs, sausage and French toast. Husband ordered is usual breakfast burrito. When she asked me if I wanted banana bread or ...something else I said yeah banana bread is fine. Well what I got was a thick slab of egg battered banana bread (my French toast) with berry infused whipped cream on top. I died right there and ascended to pig heaven.
If you want something a bit different and don't mind waiting try this place. It's definitely different. At each table there is a list of very catty instructions on how to conduct yourself with the staff, ordering food, overstaying your welcome (if it's busy and you're done you WILL be asked to vacate), and minding your children. All good advice more people could learn from and these guys aren't afraid to let you know.
I'd come here again and next time i'll bring my cat glasses because you'll get a discount! No really! A discount to cat glasses wearers! It doesn't look like much from the outside. In fact it looks vacant and there's a more traditional restaurant across the street. But we like living on the culinary edge sometimes and this place filled the bill. I definitely recommend it for it's kitschy athmosphere and no nonsense management. It was sort of like home.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Feline decor and a good menu for breakfast and lunch. The outdoor seating is so pleasant and shaded. Go on a Saturday for a late breakfast!