“Worst Service Ever”

Front Street Market
Ranked #11 of 114 Restaurants in Butte
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Northwests largest Italian Grocery and wine shop, Deli, gourmet food from all over the world. Specialty beer, and a wide variety of wine.
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I had such high hopes for this deli counter! It came highly recommended and fell FAR FAR short. I found the menu hard to decipher, they had just the sandwich names on a board, but not what was on them.... As someone who has an allergy and needs to be careful it would be helpful to know WHATS ON THE SANDWICH. After trying to figure out where to start I asked the server at the counter. She acted like I was gum on the bottom of her shoe for daring to ask what was on a sandwich. I found her rude, abrupt and off putting. She acted extremely put upon, like taking my order (which i assume is HER JOB since she was working a deli counter at lunch) was doing me a gigantic favor.
I got my boyfriend his requested sandwich (he seemed happy with it) and went to Great Harvest for my sandwich. They are happy for the business and make a great sandwich BTW.
If you want any control over your sandwich, pleasant service, or even know what you are actually getting.... GO ELSEWHERE

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

This is trip into nostalgia. The food is fantastic, the staff are fantastic. We each had the hot pastrami sandwich and I had the crab salad and my wife the Italian wedding soup. We shared the salad and soup. Be advised of the hours they are open.

The interior decor, eating and exterior decor is of an old country store. The grocery store is in full operation, small and historic setting but the variety of supplies is beyond belief.

LOVED IT

Reviewed 3 March 2018

As a long-time professional chef, I always try to hunt out "that place" in every town that caters to the culinary community. Front Street Market is one of the best I've ever seen! If you're looking for anything ranging from great cheeses to craft beers and wines to hot sauce and beyond. They have such a wide variety of items the aisles are a bit narrow to accommodate the stock. They've also got a world-class deli, and that would be enough in itself to make chef's favorite, but the staff really makes it. Friendly and extremely knowledgeable, if they don't know something (doubtful) they'll ask someone who does. At the risk of giving away the best kept non-secret in Butte, I can't recommend Front Street highly enough.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I have been getting my ravioli here for many years. Great quality at an extremely good price. Try it...you will like it!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I had all but given up on finding an Italian Deli in Montana, until someone told me about this place. What a gem! A real Italian Deli just like back east.

Loved it, spent a lot of time just looking at all the different ethnic foods there (not just Italian), and the wine selection is to die for.

The owner chatted with us, answered our questions and made some recommendations.