Driftwaters Resort
US$90
Fairweather Inn(Virginia City)(Great Value!)
US$130
Travelocity
The Summit At Big Sky(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$175
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Huntley Lodge(Big Sky)
US$151
Big Sky Resort Village Center(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$175
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$145
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
River Rock Lodge(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$156
US$146
Buck's T-4 Lodge(Big Sky)(Great Value!)
US$189
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Marina View Condos(West Yellowstone)
US$339
US$328
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My family and I stayed for 4 days and 3 nights. It was one of the most enjoyable vacations I've had. The cabins were great and newly remodeled. The whole family had a great time. The kids loved the pool and basketball court with all the toys they had for guest to use. The fishing was very fun as well. I highly recommend staying here if your in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I had just driven 400 miles and had not (foolishly) reserved a room at my final destination on a holiday weekend. There were no vacancies to be found in either direction. I came across the Driftwaters and pulled in. The office was about to close and I presented a young lady with my dilemma. She told me she would see what she could do about getting me a room for the evening.

She returned with Ms. Rachael, the resort's proprietor. To make a long story short, Ms. Rachel let me have a room that had not been completely prepared for use, but it was fine by me. Not only do they provide RV accommodations, but they have a number of cabins to the rear of the property. The cabins were clean, nicely furnished and came with efficiency kitchens and a gas stove and oven. The resort also provided cooking utensils, pots, pans and glasses too. I ended staying another 2 nights, did some great fishing in the nearby Madison River, and had a wonderful breakfast at a nearby restaurant Ms. Rachel recommended. I would like to thank Ms. Rachel and her family for accommodating me on a moments notice and providing me with a wonderful experience on my first night in Montana.

Room Tip: Peaceful rural location. Access to world-class fishing and great mountain views.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Ideally located for fishing the Madison River. Wide spaces with full hook ups, well maintained. Near West Yellowstone--30 miles away. Serene, rural....don't expect much night life here. Well managed outfit. At $30, the price is half the surrounding resorts. Closes during the winter months. Has a relationship with an outfiiter: Trout on the Fly....Nate is good at what he does.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buffalogr
Rachel L, Owner at Driftwaters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you all for your reviews. We certainly enjoy all our guests that come our way and appreciate each and every person!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Tired after a long day's drive and having passed up several earlier locations (coming from Yellowstone) because the bugs were too thick, we lucked into the Driftwaters Resorts (where winds make sure the bugs blow right past).

Presided over by friendly owner Rachel Linn, this small 'resort' in a vast and beautiful valley with great river fishing consists of RV hookups, extra nice bathrooms and showers, extra space for dry campers , a few cabins, and a fun little bar and grill. If you're lucky, as we were, you might meet a few of the regulars who have been coming here for years (Hi Chip!) and consider the Driftwaters a home away from home and Rachel the sister they never had.

Even though the valley is sparsey populated, other restaurants are just down the road and ten or so miles away is the town of Ennis where, in spite of its small size ("Population: 860 people, 11 million fish") there are even more restaurants and a number of good small retailers, including Deemo's Meats if you'd like to pick up some thick, gorgeous hand-cut steaks, house-made bacon or artisinal breads from Montana bakery On The Rise (try the swirled rye).

I know I sound like a commercial, but this was a real bright spot in a two-week road trip in our new camper.

If you're flying in instead of driving, Rachel offers an airport shuttle service.

Best of all? Rachel's chihuahua, Tinkerbell. Sweetest little version of that breed you'll ever meet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UnrepentantFoodie

Thank you for your kind review. It is guests like you that make our job so very worthwhile! Tinkerbell says Hi!