Cooke City's Elk Horn Lodge(Cooke City)
US$170
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$158
US$145
Chateau Rouge(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$159
US$129
Lupine Inn(Red Lodge)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Yodeler Motel(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$95
TripAdvisor
The Pollard(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$190
Comfort Inn(Red Lodge)(Great Value!)
US$175
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
All reviewslamar valleyore housenortheast entranceisolated areahomemade chipsthe staff was super friendlyhit or missdunraven passlarge fireplacemountain styleadjoining restaurantflat screenold schoolwe ate breakfasttwo night staybeartooth highwayfirst floor
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The location is close to the entrance of Yellowstone closest to Lamar Valley which was perfect because we wanted to get there as early as possible to beat crowds and see the animals - which we did. The lodge itself is right in the middle of several really good restaurants and bars and there is also a restaurant and bar in the lodge. We made use of the bar and the bartender was able to answer some of our questions about the park. He was busy but took care of everything. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The lodge definitely has that cabin in the woods feel - it felt just right for this type of trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The rooms were clean but the facilities were sub-par. No air conditioning in our room. The "free wifi" had such poor signal strength on the 2nd floor that it dropped constantly and was completely unusable. The parking around the building has no painted lines so everyone was just taking up twice as much space as necessary and there was no parking left at all when we checked in. The lady at the desk suggested we park across the street. Across the street the shop worker seemed annoyed that we were parking there. So, definitely not a great parking set up.
They take a credit card on file for charges, but would not provide a receipt at checkout showing no charges had been made - which is standard practice.
I would stay here again only because there are almost no options in the area. I think if this were a destination with more options they would have to do better to compete.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We spent last night at Soda Butte Lodge in Cooke City, Montana and I was so excited to share the experience, I'm already posting my review.

First of all, this lodge is extremely clean. Our room was beautifully decorated with local photographs. The furniture was nice (and real wood) and the king size bed was heavenly. The mattress was firm, but not hard as a rock.The bath tub was long and deep. I enjoyed a nice long, hot bath last night.

I use a cane and walking is very painful for me, so I was a little apprehensive about climbing steps to the second floor. I have to tell you, it was well worth it. We had a creek view room and even though it got a little cool, I kept the windows open all night, just to hear the beautiful creek. I took a video that I hope I can upload to share with all of you. We slept very well and I so hated to leave.

We ate breakfast this morning in their restaurant. The meals were great and were "Montana Sized" in both value (under $10 each) and quantity (I couldn't finish all of mine). We look forward to returning! Thank you for such a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a creek side room if it's warm enough to leave the windows open
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I stayed there for 5 nights iwth my wife and found it comfortable. If you want to see buffalo, moose, bears, sheep or elk this is the place for you. Each morning we drove through the Lamar Valley going into Yellowstone and again returning to the lodge in the afternoon. There must be 500 or more buffalo in the Lamar valley and you almost always have to stop for them because they are on the road. If you stay someplace else you will not have ready access to so many animalsand if you stay near the Hayden Valley the only buffalo you will see will be far away from the road for the most part. I would go back again and if you are a snowmobiler the lodge is open for you so be sure to take advantage of this great location. The resturant has lots of good food for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it has a lounge with large windows where you can sit and meet people. In the winter it has a large fireplace to keep you nice and warm.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view and are quite.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank larrystory44
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the place and would stay again if traveling through Cooke City. As others said, know what you are going into as the lodge is not luxurious but it was very clean and appropriately furnished. The room had no AC but I was comfortable at night the last week in July. There may be stairs to negotiate with your luggage.

The lobby is spacious and rustic which I loved. The hotel staff was friendly bent over backwards to help.

We were able to drive into Yellowstone quickly for a portion of the afternoon and saw a bunch of buffalo within 30 minutes of the hotel.

Our stay was just an "overnight" between the Beartooth Highway and Yellowstone. It suited our purposes well.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family