Cooke City Alpine(Cooke City)
US$159
US$155
TripAdvisor
Cooke City's Elk Horn Lodge(Cooke City)
All reviewssoda buttelamar valleyore houseisolated areahomemade chipsthe staff was super friendlyhit or missdunraven passlarge fireplacemountain stylecomplimentary coffeeadjoining restaurantnortheast entrancestay there againold schoolwe ate breakfastgreat stop
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I stayed here one evening on a trip to Yellowstone. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was quite nice. Good restaurant for dinner and breakfast. WiFi was a bit slow, but in a town that generally has no cell phone service at all, it's nice to have WiFi.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2017

As my wife and granddaughter were heading into the Northeast entrance to Yellowstone, we decided to stop in Cooke City for lunch. We chose the Soda Butte Lodge dining room. Krystal, our server, provided excellent service. The food was very good - grilled cheese and hamburger and fries. We had sufficient food to continue our journey into the Park. The staff was all very friendly. Recommend Soda Butte Lodge for lunch!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The room was nice. Unfortunately, my truck took $5000 worth of damage. I was parked in the hotel lot and some idiots on side-by-sides put my truck and other cars in the crossfire of a hail of gravel and rocks. The manager would not answer her phone after hours so we had to wait till morning. There are cameras onsite but I was told they dont record! There is no Police in this town and the only available law enforcement is the county sheriff hours away. I was told by the hotel staff that this is a lawless town but the locals are nice, its the outsiders that cause the problems. Stay away! If you are coming into Yellowstone via the beartooth highway, continue on to Gardiner MT. This place is awful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We booked this room back in January and spoke directly with the front desk. We did not use an online booking. We were travelling with another couple and we were told we would have a "family room" - a room with 2 separate bedrooms with a bath and sitting room. When we got our room we got a larger room with 3 beds. When we went back to the front desk to inquire what happened, the lady just laughed and told us that was all they had - take it or leave it. I even made mention of the name of the person we booked this room with. Again - a laugh. Then we had to ask for more towels - 3 sets of towels for 4 people does not work. Had to ask for and sign out a hair dryer. Hot water? Sometimes. Glad I brought my own shampoo because there wasn't enough to go around! The lights above the sink did not work - at all - none of the 3 light bulbs lit. There was a gap around the door going to the hallway. And we had to park across the street (not a big deal) where there was a falling down abandoned building - that was a big deal. But because it was high time at Yellowstone, we were stuck with what we had.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The better hotel in Cooke City. When I looked at their website, it showed a price of $100/night, turned out to be be $135. A closer look at the website learns me that the first price you see is the winter deal, valid through April 30. I didn't expect to see those anymore....
Buildings looks good, enough parking. Front desk is small but easy. The lady that checked us in was very friendly, told us all we needed to know and went smoothly through all the details. One of them was that the internet is slow because it is satellite, so be patient :-). Room was ok: flatscreen, recent renovated bathroom. Bed was good. I just have my doubts about the carpet...
We wanted a drink in the bar before diner, but the 10-15 bikers in the bar made it impossible because of the noice they made. We took our drinks and sat outside on the deck. It was a nice evening. Restaurant was pretty busy so we decided to go elsewhere for diner.
Pro: clean, close to the park, friendly staff,
Cons: breakfast not included, loud bar.
Will be back again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are have the sound of the cars leaving in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple