“It always a pleasure for such a short visit”

Hungry Horse Resevoir
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I always like to take my visitors to the dam when I'm near Glacier Park and today was no exception. I was first here in July 1955 in my mom's belly so maybe that has something to do with me being drawn to here.
We drove to the other side of the dam after a brief restroom stop. We looked at the large map billboard and decided to walk across the dam. We walked across the west side enjoying the views all around us looking up to the mountains and down to the river below.
After, we drove to Doris Creek and on the way back stopped to photograph the Osprey, the same nest I had photographed with my other friends in 2012. There was only one bird in residence and it was busy preening itself
Since we had time, we stopped at the Visitors Center. The people manning the center were eager to answer any questions as we made our way around the exhibits. It's quite impressive really and something I hope to do again.

2  Thank tibber55
"video"
in 5 reviews
"creek"

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We drove a short way from Whitefish and went across the dam. Very scenic area with views of the mountains, the drive on pavement is about 15 miles with lots of turnouts for pictures. I was well worth the drive and it is free. Only suggestion would be to take a picnic lunch and enjoy the day. Not at all crowded.

1  Thank DaveBob713
Reviewed 3 October 2017

you have to see the dam! Take the drive all the way around, pack a lunch and plan the whole day. It is worth the trip!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Stunning scenery away from the crowds of Galcier National Park. Many things to see, including wildlife.