Historic Tamarack Lodge(Hungry Horse)(Great Value!)
US$322
Glacier Travel Inn(Columbia Falls)
US$155
Orbitz.com
US$330
Hotels.com
Meadow Lake Resort(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
US$229
Travelocity
Vista Motel(West Glacier)(Great Value!)
US$129
Official Site
  • Free Internet
North Forty Resort(Columbia Falls)
US$289
Hotels.com
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$247
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$322
US$131
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$214
Cancelon
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Our stay at GPB&B was more than we could have ever expected. Mark & Mary are so welcoming and provide the comfy "home" base to explore GNP. The delicious and bountiful breakfast, the comfortable bed and bath, the helpful tips for planning our GNP hiking, the relaxing and pleasant deck overlooking the Flathead River and GNP Mt views were all perfect for our trip to GNP.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BRtravels_11
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We can loudly echo the previous positive comments. The view from the deck is one of the best we've seen, and Mark and Mary made us feel like friends, not just paying customers; we were encouraged to use the kitchen for any needs we might have. We like to stay in B&B's mainly for the local knowledge we gain, and we weren't disappointed. Our three days running in to Glacier Park were marvelous - it's only a 10 minute drive to the park enterance- and it was very nice to return to the privacy and quiet of an entire house while other guests were still sight-seeing. Mark and Mary live 'up the hill' in their own home, so the B&B was truly a home away from home. Our only minor negative was the first night with a neighboring room playing a tv to loudly. We mentioned it to Mary who was sorry for our inconvenience, but happy to move us to a room on the main floor - the one with the bath down the hall. While the bath arrangement was a bit unusual, it certainly wasn't an inconvenience. To end on a positive note, it was a great stay in a lovely, clean, country home with a spectacular view. You can 'Google Earth' the location for a good idea of what the location is like.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ReenieFlorida
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Mark & Mary are really good hosts who are also nice people, besides running a great, clean, nice Bed & Breakfast. We were 2 couples from the South and East Coast who spent 3 nights at their lodge overlooking the river, and had never been to Montana, and weren't sure what to expect. If your going to Montana, their lodge is the type place you should stay. There is nothing that beats the view from the back deck, and Mary is a good cook who serves huge breakfasts. We used their lodge as a "base camp" to run into Glacier National Park every day. We had a great time, with great hosts and they are a hidden gem .......... among the government run lodges inside the park that will isolate you,

Room Tip: First floor rooms, closest to the deck
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 0BillM
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I have to agree with the majority of reviewers who had an excellent experience here. For the previous reviewer to rate a place "terrible" because their bathroom was detached from their bedroom is nutty. Our room was very ample in size, had a nice attached bathroom, and was clean, attractive, and comfortable in every respect (including its own flat screen TV).

The building is of modern rustic architecture with extensive high quality woodwork, art work, and other furnishings. Even though it is close to U.S. Highway 2, it is very quiet, and the view of the Flathead River from the common area deck in back is outstanding. The furnishings include a computer with Internet access for the use of guests.

The furnishings include photographs taken by the owners of their annual expeditions to the coastal islands of British Columbia to document the white bears there (which are genetically black bears). This is part of their effort to insure that the natural environment of that area is preserved, especially for the benefit of the native Indians who live there. I'm glad to know that some of the money that we paid for our lodging is contributing to that cause.

The owners are likewise very knowledgeable about the natural attractions of Glacier National Park, and were kind enough to loan us a can of bear repellant to take on our hike there. (We returned it unused, as the chance of a negative bear encounter is probably about 1 in 100,000 on any one day hike.)

Breakfast was likewise excellent, with interesting conversations around the table with other guests, all of whom seemed to be completely pleased with the place and the hospitality of the owners.

For meals other than breakfast, it is necessary to drive to restaurants along Highway 2, but there are a variety of good ones there within 1 to 5 miles.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cetus12
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was looking forward to staying at a B&B on my recent trip. I have stayed at many B&Bs across the country -- dozens and dozens. Never have I run into the problems I had with my stay at this B&B.

As I was shown my room I was very surprised to find that the entrance to the "private" bath was down the hall from my room. Not only was it down the hall, but the door to it was right next to a door of another guest's room. Their website should state if a bath is down the hall from a guest room. Instead here is what it states on their website: Great room for a single or anyone on a tight budget. This room features a double bed and private bath. Maximum Occupancy: 2. This wording does not imply that it is down the hall.

I am well acquainted with B&B websites. If the bath entrance is not within the guest room, it will state "across the hall" or "down the hall", etc. Glacier Park Inn's website is very misleading. When I complained about the bath being down the hall, I was told "this is NOT a hotel". The hotel comment had no bearing. I am well aware of what a B&B is and is not. The owner acted like I had no idea what a B&B is or what to expect at a B&B.

Their solution seemed to be all one had to do was shut the door entrance to the hallway. That solved nothing with another guest room in that hallway.

The other problem was a strong cigarette smell in the guest room. It reeked and I smelled it immediately as I entered the room. The owner said they couldn't smell anything. Said I must be smelling campfires in the area. How would I be smelling campfires with the window shut? I was told that their B&B is non-smoking. I may have missed it but I see nothing on their website about it being non-smoking. Also there is nothing at the B&B that states there is to be no smoking. I was not informed about it being non-smoking when I arrived, only informed of that after complaining about the cigarette smoking smell. Wouldn't you inform a guest if you don't want anyone smoking in the B&B? I have also seen many times on other B&B websites that they are non-smoking and smoking is only allowed outside or such.

All of my discussion with the owners took place on the first evening and I didn't mention anything again during my 2 night stay there. As the discussion was closing that first evening, the owner asked if waffles were okay for breakfast. I didn't say anything, but don't know if she interpreted my body language or something as she then said very irritatedly, "you'll have eggs then". The breakfasts were adequate but nothing as good as I've experienced at other B&Bs.

Two things that might make the stay in the Great Northern Room better would be to have a mirror in the room instead of having to go down the hall to the bath to even look in a mirror. A small one could easily be hung over the chest of drawers instead of the photograph. There is also room for a small straight chair where one could sit to put on shoes. The only place to sit in the room is on the bed. The mattress was very, very firm, not even a good pad on top of it. So even with the smoke smell and bath issue the room is very minimal for the price.

The owner did mention that first night about discounting the room rate. When I checked out though I was charged the full rate. This was the highest room rate I paid on my extensive vacation and the most unpleasant. I must say the owner was not very amiable about my issues, nearly acting like I didn't have a clue or why didn't I get it or such as to what B&Bs are. I was very glad to leave this place.

The owner did mention that they have good reviews on tripadvisor. I had looked at it before my stay. On looking again at their reviews, there is only one review from 2011 and 3 from 2010 and 18 over all the years, so not many reviews really, although they are positive until this one.

I have tried to e-mail the owner since I have returned home and I keep getting delivery status delay and then failure. So is their e-mail out for now or is the e-mail address on the website incorrect?

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo