“Yummy french toast!!!!”
Review of Carolyn's Cafe

Carolyn's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hungry Horse
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Just an unassuming little spot attached to a gas station in Hungry Horse, MT. But the food was really good and the staff were super friendly! Stopped here for our last breakfast in Montana and I was craving french toast..... which I got.... which was awesome. Endless cups of coffee and I was totally digging the decor. They don't have that many tables so I can see how there would be a wait if it got busy.

2  Thank exaslonghorn31

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stayed in Huungry Horse last September and as our hotel didn't offer breakfast, we found this great place. Very friendly staff and a great value for money breakfast. This family run gas station and cafe is a great place to start the day.

1  Thank FransHeijmans
Reviewed 4 October 2016

You can easily miss this great little place just on the road to Glacier. My sister and I ate breakfast here before starting on our visit to the park. We both choose the egg scramble and fruit cup. We were delighted when our breakfast came quickly and it was so pretty. Fresh broccoli, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and spinach in my scrambled eggs. To top it all off, the fruit cup wasn't just a scoop of formerly frozen items - hand cut pineapple, melon, banana, strawberry, grapes AND pomegranate. I had ordered my toast dry and that is how it came.
The both behind me had a few locals sitting there enjoying their coffee and discussing the daily news including education, local concerns and a few jokes thrown in there too.

1  Thank JanieSue53
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Breakfast before going into Glacier National Park hit the spot. I had the corned beef hash and eggs and it was the best I've ever had. My husband had an omelet which he enjoyed but the best treat of all... we bought two of her fried berry pies to eat later and they are still haunting me they were so good!

We went back the next morning for breakfast again and I planned on buying her fried berry pies again but alas she was out.

Wonder if I can get her to mail me some!

2  Thank Cindy V
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I was on a trip to Glacier National Park when my friends and I stumbled upon this place in search of breakfast. You almost miss it because it's attached to a gas station on the side of the road. From the outside it doesn't look like much, nor from the inside either, where you can very much tell it's a community orientated cafe with pictures of deer hunts, fishing, etc. You might be turned off by the idea of eating your meal while staring at a picture of hunting escapades but the warm atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff completely make you forgot those silly pictures. And then the food...my word. I enjoyed the French toast, while my friends had the huckleberry pancakes and the avocado burrito. The French toast was huge and I am unsure what bread they used but it was delicious, the pancake base itself was amazing, moist and fluffy, and a little tart from the huckleberry's. I'm hungry again just writing this. As stated above, don't judge a book by its cover, at least this one. Well worth it.

2  Thank ilovemydun

Been to Carolyn's Cafe? Share your experiences!