“Pricey Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Kalispell

Motel 6 Kalispell
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Kalispell in August is tough to find an affordable hotel room. So they are charging what they can - which for me at this property was not good value for money. Just needed one night on the way to Glacier NP.

Located on a main drag so easy to find and restaurants within walking distance.
Room was typical Motel 6. But stairs to 2nd floor were difficult to locate, had to walk around the entire building to find these. Seems like a safety hazard in a fire...

There is wi-fi and the reception guy didn't charge me the $2.99 fee which was nice. There was a pool and quite a few kids using it.

I happened to drop a camera lens cap cover which rolled under the bed. OMG - looked like no one had swept or mopped under the bed in a month. There was garbage and hair and dust balls. Nasty. I know Motel 6 is basic, no in room coffee, no breakfast, etc, but at least try to offer clean rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor. Stairs to 2nd floor are not convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The front desk staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. The room was clean with comfortable beds. Good value for the rate. Easy to get to the motel. Some good food places in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My room was clean, linen and towels clean, hot water for showers and bed comfortable. Standard Motel 6 with same amenities as others but much cleaner. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. It is right off highway but quiet and no noise from anyone after 9 pm. Close to restaurants and downtown which is nice. It is 32 miles from West Entrance to Glacier National Park. While the price is inflated, it was still less than anything else for the July high season. It worked well for me visiting Glacier for 3 days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Arrived very late ( early morning really). There was a young man waiting at the counter to check us in - thank heavens. Once in our room we soon discovered we had no hotter. I called him and he was not really able to help. Cool showers and off to bed.

The next morning there was coffee at the front area. There is also a microwave for guest use up front as well. and a vending machine.

Still no hotwater so I reported it to the oman working the front desk. She was very sorry and said they had been having problems with a boiler. She reset it and we had hot showers - yeah! ( She later took $20 off our bill for the inconvenience - nice.)

Beds, sheets and pillows were very comfortable.
Shower is one of those stalls - not a full tub.
Room was at the back and very quiet.
Everyone we spoke with was very nice.

Would I stay there again - yes.

Room Tip: At the back is further from road traffic
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

My wife and I stayed at Motel 6 #290 in Kalispell MT on July 17.
Our experience was so awful, I'm not sure where to begin!
We checked in, were given room 221 and hauled in our luggage. Upon opening the door to our "non smoking" room, we were immediately slammed by the strong smell of stale tobacco smoke.
I called the front desk and got a busy signal, over and over for 30 minutes. When I finally got through, the desk clerk (Kaleb) said he didn't have any other rooms, but would send someone up with some air freshener. He called back about 5 minutes later and said he DID have a room (223) and would bring us keys. We hadn't unpacked yet, and by now had discovered that the A/C unit made a lot more noise than cool. We waited 20 minutes and no one came. I called the front desk again, and Kaleb swore (and I mean SWORE) he didn't say say he was bringing me keys, and that he had to stay at the front desk, and "If I wanted the F...ING keys I should come get them."
Room 223 smelled good and the A/C worked. However, the room had NOT been made up. The beds had been slept in, the towels were used, and the sink had toothpaste and other debris in it. My wife went to the front desk to get sheets and towels. They had everything except bath towels.
On the way back to our room, we ran into another guest who asked, "Where did you get the sheets?" Apparently she had been there for 3 days and her sheets had not been changed. Her room also had bed bugs and she had the bites to prove it! At least we weren't paying $140 per night like her!
We stripped down the beds, checked for bugs and remade them figuring the worst was over.
Fat chance!
An hour later we discovered that the toilet was clogged. I flushed it dozens of times. Each time it took the bowl about a minute to drain. Nothing would break it loose. I even filled up the waste basket and "bucket flushed" it 6 times to no avail.
By now we're tired, dejected, and just needed some sleep We drove 665 miles and 11 hours to get to Kalispell. We decided a hot shower and an early retirement would hit the spot. Sadly, on full hot, the shower wasn't even lukewarm. We got clean, but not refreshed.
Spend a little more and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.