“Really - The best hotel in kalispell?”

Travelodge Kalispell
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Missoula, Montana
“Really - The best hotel in kalispell?”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Not that we were expecting a five star resort but were entitled at least to a clean, safe and comfortable room. I picked this hotel based on a few of the reviews on this site. The review titled "best hotel in Kalispell" was obviously written by the management of the motel. (It would be very helpful if Trip Advisor monitored their reviews for obviously phony reviews. This place is not a hotel by any stretch on the imagination. If this motel is the best in Kalispell (which it is not!) I would strongly suggesting spending the night in Whitefish, Columbia Falls or Big Fish.

We were only able to tolerate the Kalispell Travelodge for 1 night of our planned 7 night stay in the Flathead Valley. We stayed in the north section which is supposedly the best area of the hotel. Thank goodness we didn't try to spend the night in the old and dated southern part of the motel or on the 1st floor of either wing. (1st floor rooms are all pet friendly and not real appropriate for guests without pets.

The room reeked of smoke even though we were assured that the room was non-smoking. The queen size mattress was like sleeping on a piece of plywood. There were loud noises coming from tadjacent rooms that continued until 8AM the next morning. The so called General manager acted as if it was our problem that we were unable to sleep.

Be very careful if you are on the 2nd floor. The balcony they advertise on their website is actually a corridor that runs the entire length of the building. This means that the occupants of any of the rooms on that side of the building have access to your balcony. To top it off the locking devise on our blacony door was broke.

If you want a motel that is potentially unsafe, beds are terrible, cheapest bath towels I have ever encountered, very noisy, and with new management that could care less - Then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: There are a number of very good motels in Kalispell. The Travelodge is not one of them.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Susan P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
North Iowa
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I didn't have very high expectations for this place, as I just needed something clean to sleep at get ready the next day. The room was quite dated, but again it seemed to be clean so that's what I was looking for. I stayed in the south building, which has not been renovated. The bed was very hard, and had very very little give. It got fairly noisy during the day, but quieted down at night. My main complaint with this place was the service. When I arrived, I went up to the front counter and stated I had reservations and would like to check-in. After giving my name, she immediately stated the reservation had been cancelled. I explained I had not cancelled it and had a confirmation sheet in my vehicle. I said I would go get it and she stated "that's fine". After returning with it, she said as soon as I walked out she found my reservation, but that I was already checked in, because I had booked with Priceline. What?? She gave me room keys and I went up to my room. I put the Do not disturb sign out on my door, as I did not want to be bothered early. I attended the breakfast and was out of the room by around 10 (check-out is 11, and I was staying another night). I took off the do not disturb sign, but came back that night to find my room had not been visited by maid service. Not a big deal to me, but still interesting. When I checked out, I mentioned this to the lady at the counter, and she stated maids do not come back if the do not disturb sign is out when they go by early in the morning, because they'd rather spend the time cleaning rooms that people checked out of. What??? I was also reminded a couple times again that I booked through priceline, and because of this they would not give me a print-out of my bill. I felt like I was a "bad customer" booking through priceline. I was very unimpressed with this place and making me feel like I was only a half-customer.

Room Tip: Avoid the south building if possible as it hasn't been renovated.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Kevin18
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at this Travelodge one night on our way to Glacier National Park (GNP) from Bozeman (the park is about half an hour away from Kalispell which made is a good overnight stop).

It seems like an older Travelodge (though they look to have renovated the lobby area where breakfast was served which was nice). Room, funiture and the bed were as expected for a budget motel and it was very clean and well sized. There was no fridge or microwave in our room though. They have a common hot tub but didn't get a chance to check it out.

Breakfast was simple continential with a variety of cereals, toast, muffins and hot boiled eggs. They should invest in a waffle maker. It would have also been nice if they had more table/chairs for breakfast as it was crowded and hard to find a place to sit.

Price was reasonable though located less away from the center of town and all the restaurants (if you are looking to be more centerally located), but very close to Hwy 2 on the way to GNP. Good place for a quick overnight stop, but not a very long stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YiliKR
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Flawless check-in, great room, wonderful hot tub, yummy blueberry muffins for breakfast and a fair rate. We'll be back to stay again next time we're in Kalispel!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TraveLand
Arkansas
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We booked on the internet and got a room with a micro/fridge. It turned out to be corner suite. Very nice and very reasonably priced. We even had covered parking. The room was very large and clean. It had an older sleeper sofa, don't know it's condition, but it was nice to have a couch to sit on. The breakfast was good, but don't wait until the last hour to get it, it gets really crowded with all the late risers. We ate early our other 2 mornings and had no crowds. It is ideally located for going to Glacier Park. it was also near 2 good chain restaurants and several shopping centers were located about 5 minutes away. The room was quiet. The hot tub was nice after a long day of driving. The fitness center was handy also. Requested the safe charge be removed at checkout and it was with no questions asked. Front desk clerks were always helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family