“Little piece of heaven!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Little Bear Lodge

This is in the fall when the Larch trees turn bright yellow right before they fall off.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Gemblue57
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Little piece of heaven!”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I was a little anxious to book the Little Bear Lodge since it didn’t have any reviews, but after talking with the owners over email before booking I decided to give it a go. I am so happy I did! I have stayed in the Kalispell area before (both times @ the Kalispell Grand) and this place was by far the best experience I’ve had. Mimi and Doug were extremely accommodating, and it felt like you were staying at your home away from home.

On top of booking the room I ordered breakfast two of the mornings from Mimi and also had a picnic lunch packed. Overall I felt the breakfasts offered more bang for your buck, and would definitely recommend the “regular” breakfast over the “lighter fare” for those of you who can eat a fairly normal sized breakfast (such as my husband). For me however the lighter fare was perfect. The food was cooked perfectly, and Mimi’s cherry scones and sausage & egg casserole were to die for.

The cabin is very private—even though it is closer to the main house than the pictures make it seem, we never felt like we were being watched or had any lack of privacy whatsoever. It’s extremely quiet—don’t let the popping water heater worry you when you first get there, it will stop after a couple uses of the sink. The bed downstairs is very soft and comfortable, and I’m sure the bed in the loft would be the same way. My only major complaint was that the cabin could get fairly warm in the afternoons (we stayed in early June) and there was only a window fan to cool the place down. It would have been nice to have a little window AC unit.

Overall, this place was an A+ in my book, and this is now officially my “go to” place when staying in the Glacier area. It is about 20 minutes outside of Kalispell tucked away, so if you want constant access to town it’s probably not your best bet. But if you want a nice getaway with easy access to Glacier or town every now and then it’s the place to stay. Have Mimi cook you breakfast one morning and chat with Doug sometime—they are kind people and will do their very best to make you feel like part of the family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Jun 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words..we enjoyed having you here
Doug and Mimi
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing