“Nice ambiance; mixed results with food orders”

Blackiron Grill & Rotisserie
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Miles City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner on a Saturday. It wasn't busy yet around 5PM. Seated at a nice booth next to the partially open kitchen grill area. Wine and beer choices were good, and include the local Tongue River Winery we visited.

Our salads were fresh and crisp, quite good. They had a rather heavy, unusual topping that seemed like Parmesan-crouton crumbs.

Our entrees came really fast--we had barely started on our salads. My husband's chicken was really good. A very large half chicken, moist and smoky. We both enjoyed the vegetable side--sugar snap peas, perfectly crunchy and sweet. No bread is included.

My "special of the day" was nearly inedible to me. It was cornmeal crusted walleye, with a mango salsa. Both the crust on the fish and the salsa were quite heavy with cayenne and WAY too hot for me. I did mention the issue to our young waitress, but she just said she was sorry and no other recompense was offered; and I didn't push it any further. I realize some like it hot!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Nice place to enjoy a nice meal with friends. We have had several birthday parties there with great food, service and privacy. The owners and management do a great job of providing a nice variety of upscale unique food items. The smoked items rock, and the steaks are what you expect when you order a steak here in Beef country. Highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I went here after reading the reviews on trip advisor. I ordered the 2 crab cake appetizer and it was 5 crab cake balls. They were crispy and really good for in the middle of Montana. There was a bit of spice that was great. The salad came and I loved the fact the lettuce wasn't wet. The honey mustard dressing was good. I ordered the brisket. The flavor was there but, it was mushy and dry. Like it had been overcooked in a pressure cooker? The baked potato had the salted skin which seems to be the rage in the culinary world. I need to ask about that before I order, don't care for salty food, that's on me. I ordered the cheesecake and it tasted like it had absorbed odors from the refrigerator. Not good. The meal cost me $35.97. I'd try the place again though and order something else as the entree because the appetizer really was good. The reason for the rating, not really the food. Nothing drives me crazier than needing something in a restaurant and my waiter/waitress hiding around the corner and yakking on their phone.

2  Thank rhiahl1956
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has been open 2 1/2 years according to wait staff. Nice, big, new, clean and amazing aromas of rotisserie. Nice, clean bathrooms.

Came here with family for dinner. A little on the spendy side but nice nonetheless.

I had Cesar salad and chicken enchilada soup (yum). Hubby had quesadilla burger and delicious homemade fries. Son had 1/2 order of nachos (ok) and other son had 1/4 rotisserie chicken (best we've ever had) with homemade fries and chicken enchilada soup.

Husband got six flight beer and got to pick all six he wanted...for only $6!

Entire dinner plus tax $46.

I would recommend!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Was a wonderful meal after a long car ride enjoyed immensely. The Brisket was awesome my husband had prime rib it was great too horseradish was really spicy