“Western Hospitality and great food too.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philipsburg
Quigley Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Philipsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2017

When sitting 3 blocks away I made a last-minute reservation at Quigley Cottage B & B, our hostess said, “come on over and by the way we have the best breakfast in town.” And she wasn’t kidding.

Settled in to a cozy and beautifully decorated room with double bed and a shared bath and headed to downtown Philipsburg to reacquaint ourselves with the historic main street.

At breakfast, the next morning we joined 5 other guests at a beautifully set table. The first course was warm steel cut oats in a sundae dish topped with a dollop of ice cream. Absolutely delicious- warm and cold, rich and creamy.

Their daughter and family live and operate a ranch outside Philipsburg that provides ranch sourced eggs and breakfast sausage for the B & B. Of course, we also had homemade biscuits, salsa and jams.

We definitely come back for a longer stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
quigleybb, Owner at Quigley Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your kind words and hope you with come our way again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

This private little cottage has wonderful and interesting interior as well as gardens. Wake up to the smell of fresh bread or something baking in the oven as well as coffee ready in a little alcove...Town is interesting and garnets are in the ground ready for discovery nearby. Small town for walking and a historical ghost town, Granite, to explore just up the mountain has quite a story. Hosts were warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ground Floor is my favorite
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

We have only had the pleasure of staying here twice and after the second time we asked each other "why haven't we stayed here more often"? We love the atmosphere, we loved our room and we really enjoyed getting to know Dave and Davee. The breakfast is outstanding. Because Philipsburg is a small mining town and convenient to Georgetown lake and sapphire mines, it does get touristy in the summer. But, we find Quigley's the perfect place to get away and relax.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016

A Quaint cottage tucked right on main street within
walking distance to town central. Comfortable rooms, great bed and pillows. Breakfast was delicious and served family style. This was nice because you could interact with the other guests. Hosts were knowledgeable about the area.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Nina B
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I booked a room at Quigley’s based on the great reviews. I went to check in and rang the doorbell. I waited on the porch for a while and no one came to the door. The front door was wide open and screen door unlocked so I went into the lobby. I waited for a while longer and finally Dave came downstairs and belligerently asked “who are you?” I told him my first name and I had booked a room. He chewed me out for not waiting on the porch. He grumpily said he would give me “the tour”. I was tired and asked if I could skip the tour and just go to my room. Dave went off on me shouting “how could I find the dining room and the coffee”. The dining room was in plain sight from the lobby. I said I could see it. Dave then got really crazy and shouted I was a “rude young lady and I could not stay there.” I got upset and told Dave Quigley’s had already charged my credit card. Dave hadn’t got my last name so I asked “how am I going to get a refund?” Dave just kept shouting “get out, you can’t stay here, get out!” HORIBBLE OLD DAVE SHOULD NOT WORK WITH PUBLIC.

Avoid Philipsburg in the summer. It has become a ticky tacky tourist town with obscene summer homes ruining the views. Sad to see the old P-Burg go :(

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Katie K

Been to Quigley Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!