“There is a reason why this place is always empty”
Review of Hot Spot Thai Cafe

Hot Spot Thai Cafe
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Polson
Reviewed 24 September 2010

This place doesn't make authentic Thai food and its not very good. If it was good then this place would be open and packed all the time. You have better luck finding really good Pad Thai in Missoula at either Iza or Vietnam Noodle.

1  Thank T9104TZjh

Reviewed 20 September 2010

On the advice of a hotel clerk, my husband and I tried this place for dinner. I had the panaeng curry which was listed at a 2 (of 3) stars for heat level. I found this to be only slightly spicy (fine by me!) and really delicious.

Our server seemed like, had the place not been quite so busy, she would have been happy to go over many of the other dishes on the menu. I had a lot of questions, but there was only one server for the whole upstairs area. (Assuming your party can climb stairs and you plan to eat a leisurely meal, do eat up there; it's nicely decorated and the tables are much bigger and more comfortable than the downstairs area, which looks more like a fast food set up for a quick bite to eat.)

That may be the one drawback; the menu had many dishes listed but very little description. I'm pretty familiar with what I can expect when I order Pad Thai, but otherwise I could've used a little more info on the menu instead of waiting for our server to come and translate it for us.

Had I not been so hungry, my huge portion of dinner could've been saved and made into a second meal.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and would go here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 24 November 2008

On a recommendation from our friends we stopped and tried the Hot Spot Thai. Their Pad Thai....It was wonderful. We experienced definately some of the best Thai food we have ever eaten. It was reasonably priced and the staff was nice. We also enjoyed the lake view from the deck.

Been to Hot Spot Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!