“Do not waste your money!”
Review of China Gate

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Gate
Ranked #29 of 48 Restaurants in Polson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

We spent almost $50.00 for dinner for the two of us. We ordered take out for dinner and a 10 minute drive or less to pick up. The food wasn't even hot. The sesame chicken had no flavor and was overly breaded, the house lo mein was mushy, the pork fried rice had no flavor and lastly the crab Rangoon's were soggy. What a HUGE disappointment!

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

The decor inside is atrocious, but the food delicious! Crab Rangoon are in my top 5 best. General's chicken was medium spicy, and average taste. Service was excellent!

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Very nice, warming atmosphere in dining rooms and on deck facing flathead lake and golf course. I have been here many times over the past decade and noticed that Take Out orders are always ready at the specified time and very hot. Additionally I have seen the wait staff really hustle to accommodate large groups without reservations. Food is fresh and well cooked and lo mien is excellent. Comprehensive menu and large portions as well. At lunch they run a buffet option. Highly recommended. I see some reviewers had a bad experience but I have not. If there is a problem ask for Jennie the owner and she will make it right,

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Out to dinner with friends and really pleased. The outside is nothing fancy, but the food was excellent. One of our friends and I had the salt and pepper seafood combo. It could have used more vegetables and I made the mistake of ordering it with noodles, but the taste was excellent. The dish had a lot of deep fried shrimp, scallops, and calamari. My husband had the beef with mushrooms and it was so large that he could not finish it. Definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Our first impression was favorable except I had to find someone to seat us. Nice picture windows with a view of Flathead Lake. Our server was a young man and very nice. Our order arrived in a timely but went down from there. The food was just warm and some of it was cold. The sweet and sour sauce was tasteless. The meat tasted old like it was reheated from several days past. I am trying to think if any of it was good. I don't think so. We left a lot of it and when asked if we wanted to take it home, both my wife and I said at the same time...NO! It is a shame they can't find someone who knows how to cook as this could be a great place. I give this place a 1/2 point just because our server was a nice guy.

Been to China Gate? Share your experiences!