“If you want to experience the motels of your childhood stay here.”
Review of Rimrock Lodge

Rimrock Lodge
Reviewed 1 September 2016

I think this place is terrific. It's down home Montana friendly and is exactly like the motels I stayed in as a kid. It is very nostalgia. Exceptionally clean, impeccably clean. Quiet, beautiful view. We checked in late and the bartender in the lounge had our reservation and checked us in with no problems. Good selection of TV stations. Good internet.

Room Tip: All rooms have view of the river.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rimrock Lodge

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We loved everything about Rimrock Lodge! We motorcycle and love places where you pull right up to your room door and if there’s a decent restaurant within walking distance, that’s tops! Laurel set us up with a Rimrock Lodge room that was clean, spacious, well-appointed, and offer splendid views of the Clark Fork River. The air-conditioning could have been more aggressive but that’s a minor quibble. A great spot for $70/night!

There’s a knack to good bartending that includes being knowledgeable about what you’re serving and being a great conservationist. Josh is a terrific bartender! He led Laurie through the various MT craft beers he had available and urged me to get the Tanqueray for my gin and tonic instead of the locally produced Lewis and Clark. I had one of each and he was absolutely right! He got us involved in conversation with a local guy and we had a nice prelude to dinner.

Laurel did a great job taking care of us in the woodsy and comfortable dining room with scenic river views. Laurie and I both had steaks (though I wish one of us would have ordered the trout). Man what a great rib eye steak they serve up! Perfectly grilled, locally sourced, aged, and never frozen choice beef sided with a medley of grilled garlicky fresh veggies... The peppery sausage gravy, which Laurel said we HAD to try, was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

this place is about a mile out of town along a a beautiful river
when we were checking in the air-conditioning had been down for some time staff seemed to be getting a little over-heated
the room's air-conditioner worked fine
we had a great night's rest
the room was very spacious just needed some updating especially the bathroom

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

First off the customer service was a C at best.
The food was ok, another A-.
Cleanliness of the room A.
WI-Fi...F. Two rooms from the router and zero internet.
Sooo...why the 2 stars, the doors don't seal. There is nothing but a handle lock. Very unsafe. On my 4th night stay at approx 12:10 a.m I stepped out to throw some trash in a can that was about 20 ft from my room. The wind caught and slammed the door. The hotel had no emergency contact number, no one man's the desk, I was the ONLY guest, trapped in my pajamas outside in 43° temps. Twice I beat on the owners door who lives in the back of the property. Nothing, drove to the only place open, trying to get a phone #. That was at the police station. She called and called. Since my reservation was through Expedia I called them hoping they had an emergency number, apparently this hotel just came on board and the owner listed the #'s to the restaurant and lounge! Which both close at 9 p.m. Expedia tried everything. Luckily I had a hide-a-key so I could sit in my truck for 7 hours!!!!!! Thank God for the key to my truck, I'd have had an even worse night!!What would have happened if a room flooded, there are any number of other things that could have gone wrong? I can see why the other hotels were booked full and I'm the ONLY one here...never again! If I wanted to camp in my truck I wouldn't have rented a room!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Misty A
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and I and our grandson called ahead for reservations at Rimrock Lodge. We were given a quote over the phone, but when we got there, the rate was not honored. We arrive too late to change hotels. Room turned out to be dingy and an antiquated. Definitely not worth either the price I paid or was quoted. Don't stop, keep going.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
SC-Roussy, General Manager at Rimrock Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I was told about your situation recently, as the new Manager I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have implemented better training for the staff so this type if issue will not arise again. All discounts must be accompanied by the proper documentation and not guaranteed over the phone. Please give us another chance!