“Wasnt this expensive in the 50's... This is a 50 dinner is it not.”

Canyon Street Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I brought my family of 7 to this thinking it would be a great place for lunch. I was not ready for the sticker shock. The average price for this burger place was 11.00 and up for adults and average 6.00 and up per child. We decided while ordering to cut our losses and just order ice cream and then go down to MCDonalds. So we ordered single scoop vanilla ice cream (at 5.00 per Sunday.) we have 5 kids and the NEW waitress somehow believed that we only wanted to give ice cream to three of them. the decor and environment was fun.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

People in town recommended this restaurant. We split an order of fish and chips and it was plenty for us. The fish was crispy and hot, and the chips were good, Others in our party had the pizza and said it was good,although I didn't sample it.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Boy what a find…we were shopping in West Yellowstone, a quaint bustling town with a number of interesting shops…anyway, were to eat?? You can’t miss the Canyon Street Cafe, on the main drag, with its bright neon signs and wall décor which beckons you through the window to come inside and view the old movie posters, Marilyn-Elvis posters, entire old car grills mounted on the wall, and the other 1950’s paraphernalia everywhere and anywhere you look, which made the visit very interesting and fun….and the food choices from a full menu include breakfast, burgers, sandwiches, fish & chips, salads, and hot dogs…pretty good prices and adequate portions. I had a Huckleberry shake which was sweet but tasty and the Monte Cristo…and Terry's burger was okay…they have gluten-free limited selections…good fries – it was a fun time and the food was pretty good too…pretty attentive service personnel ---so overall, we enjoyed the trip and the café.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The current menu they have attached must be old as the prices are very inaccurate. I hate being misled. For example, menu say kids cheeseburger 4.50, we paid 8.50. Huckleberry shake on menu says 5.50 - now 8.50. James Dean chicken sandwich say 9.95 on this menu. In restaurant, actually 12.60, and the list goes on. I think it would be safe to say that everything is far more expensive than they are saying it is here. Not to mention, the portions are tiny. I mean I got a James Dean which is grilled chicken with Swiss, onions, bacon, ... I was expecting a serious sandwich. Nope. Tiny. Tiny fillet which looked like processed chicken. Seriously, you look at the meal, and think this, for $13? On the bright side, it tasted fine, but totally not great or worth it. And last but not least, while the waitress was nice, it looked like she had blood streaming down her finger (hopefully ketchup and water?), but I just pray that didn't get in our food.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here desperate for WiFi due to an accommodation issues on our road trip.

It is full on American 50’s diner, which we loved as it is very different. On arrival the lady that greeted us was really friendly and very helpful in helping us get connected. She was also very patient in waiting for us to sort out our issues to order.

The service was quick and efficient. We had a club sandwich with onion rings and a Norma Jean Burger (fried onions and mushrooms). I loved the burger although my OH said he thought the bacon was over cooked but this is a more personal preference.

It’s a really unusual place, with good food and great services