“Good food, good price, good service, great pie.”

Stauffer's Cafe & Pie Shop
Ranked #29 of 679 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 16 September 2015

spouse and I stopped in for the second time this year following Dr visits. Spouse had sausage and eggs with french toast. I had a Hot beef sandwich. Both were huge in proportions, and great tasting. The RB sandwich, was smothered in a rich dark brown beef gravy, home made mashed potatoes, Fall apart roast beef. No Salt or pepper needed on this meal. Spouse had a sausage patty that was twice the size of the usually fare you get in a cafe. Eggs were basted as ordered in perfection. Hashed browns done thru but not over cooked and crunchy. French toast was texas toast dipped in the egg and fried. Following the meal which both of us could NOT finish, we had a slice of pie to go. I have never been into a restaurant that offered so many pies and cakes than this one. I had a rhubarb pie, not with strawberry or custard, just rhubarb. Delicious. Spouse had Peanut butter banana which I have never heard of and said it was fantastic too. The place is a bit off the normal traveled path at 48th and Old Cheney rd in Lincoln. Sits in a strip mall. Lots of parking, and seems most of the parking was people in the Cafe eating. This place was busy at 1045am serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. A place that is well worth the time to drive Off the interstate and go to for a great meal in Lincoln Ne.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Ate at Honest Abe's and wanted dessert do we stopped here for some pie. Quickly seated and waited on promptly. Three different types of pie at our table. They were all great. Very nice size to the slices of pie. Huge selection as well.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast on our way through on a long road trip. The prices are fantastic and everything is house-made. Hash browns that are NOT frozen ...they are actually cut-up potatoes and are soooo delicious! And the muffins! Oh the muffins!!!! Absolutely amazing! I would eat here again in a second! Hopefully we can come back on our trip back through!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

You can get a huge meal for very reasonable prices. And delicious, home-cooked meals I might add. Breakfast is my favorite but they often have delicious specials for lunch and dinner as well. Their pies and cinnamon rolls are also amazing. It is always good service and always good food and always good prices.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

We love Rhubarb pie...Strawberry Rhubarb is great too but Rhubarb's a favorite. This is pie that's homemade as it should be. Not overly sweet, a wonderful Springtime treat. We always order a pie ahead for pickup to bring back to Omaha. The cafe/pie shop has 35 flavors of pie. The selection is huge but entire list is not available by the slice daily. There's still a ton to choose from but if you have a favorite call ahead and order or see if they have it,. There's a table in front with whole pies to go. The cafe menu is varied. We tried breakfast for the first time. Huge portion of Biscuits and gravy and real home-style hashbrowns. Having eaten here several times for lunch we can attest to the fact the Hot Beef Sandwich is a go to item. Reminds this baby-boomer of Grandma's cooking.