“Cozy neighborhood restaurant”
Review of The Northside Cafe

The Northside Cafe
Ranked #434 of 672 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Had a noon meal with my sister and her family, with our group ordering both breakfast and lunch items. I had the chicken salad, which was delicious; everyone in my group loved their food.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Sadly, this is a restaurant in decline and the neighborhood needs a place it can rely on. The food is good, if sometimes inconsistent. The real problem is service. Even on slow days, the staff is slow to show up table side. Drinks don't get refilled. The check takes forever. For quick lunches, it is a serious problem.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I went with a friend this past weekend. It was a very busy time for them and the basic impression that I got from their service is that they're very busy and thus are all business when they're serving. My best advice is to be prepared to know what to order, talk clearly, and think twice before engaging the servers in excess conversation, and your experience will go smoothly.

Besides that, the food was fairly good. We both got the steak breakfast platter and agreed that the gravy on top could use some more flavor, but otherwise found it very affordable with reasonable quality for what you were getting.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Had a pork tender sandwich. It was very good. However, I was the only person in the place and the owner/waiter essentially forgot about me. Not good about coming around to refill drink. I could have probably walked out without paying...

Reviewed 20 November 2015

I honestly chose this place based on its proximity to our location as we were heading back to Omaha. But I'm glad we did because it was clearly a neighborhood-type place where the servers are friendly and the food is great. There was an elderly customer who clearly wanted to talk a lot and her much younger server (a different one than ours) was very kind to do that while also taking care of his other customers.

My friend and I shared fried mushrooms and a quesadilla. I have to say both were hot, fresh and very tasty. Right amount of spice. No complaints there. Our server was funny and we talked for quite a bit. I live in Atlanta and her brother lives about 15 minutes from me. Small world indeed!

The pies are from a local bakery I'd never heard of and what a list to pick from. I wanted a little of all of them but my stomach only had room to try one slice.

It will be a long time before I'm back in Lincoln again but I'm stopping by this place for a slice of pie when I do!