“If you are in Nebraska, eat Runza”
Review of Runza

Runza
Ranked #263 of 690 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This IS local fare... as local as possible, and yet it is also a chain! I like runza, I am a good cabbage eating german descendant... I am willing to try anything once, and a runza pretty much anytime. They are fresher and better tasting in Nebraska. Check it out.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

really enjoyed trying something different the food here was of good quality and was reasonably priced the place was clean with good parking and was easily accessible

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The Runza is essentially a variation of a loose meat/ Italian beef sandwich hand stuffed into a fresh cooked hoagie style piece of bread. They are great hand warmers at the Husker games until it's time to eat. This is unique to Lincoln and a must have if your looking for great fast food stop.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Being from Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, Washington - Every time we visit Lincoln, our first stop is at Runza. I really wish we had one here in the Northwest. They have their original which is seasoned ground beef, onion and cabbage (I can't really taste the cabbage) and it's amazing. I was a pig and ate 2 at the Husker game! One for lunch, one for dinner!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I live where we don't have Runza restaurants so I make my own. (Homemade are better) That being said, it is nice to eat Runzas and not have to make them. I don't think my daughter believed me when I said you could buy Runzas fast-food style in Nebraska! The last time I ate at a Runza restaurant was about 20 years ago and the Runzas aren't as large or quite as good as they once were. The bread seems thinner almost making the Runza soggy and the bread is split making it more like a loose meat or sloppy joe type sandwich. The french fries were very good. Also, seems pricey at $6.49 for a meal. It was tasty but more could be done to improve the quality.

Been to Runza? Share your experiences!