“Homemade Bread”

Virginia's Travelers Cafe and Motel
Ranked #82 of 693 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I'm a sucker for the small town feel cafe for breakfasts and Virginia's did not disappoint. The service was friendly and did a fantastic job of taking my order, getting it out, and bringing coffee refills in a timely manner. One of the nice perks of my breakfast was the choice of toast. When I had chosen wheat, I was asked if I wanted store boughten or homemade. What?? Of course I went with homemade and it did not disappoint. If you love little comfort food cafes and you don't shy away from how a place looks on the outside, Virginia's is for you!

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Just a local place for local people to gather for a great home cooked meal. We had good service even though they were flooded with a church van full of people. We ordered the classic coffee, eggs, sausage, hash browns and pancakes. Lots of food for a great price. The place was full with local customers. Great breakfast!

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Good price and simple food. I have gone twice. If you want simple family fare this is the place. Like the small town cafe's I remember where the farmers gather.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

This place is identical to the farmer café at the sale barn near where I grew up in central Illinois including the limestone rock parking lot complete with pot holes. Ignore the appearance....and head inside for a Midwest Farmer Breakfast. This café is two small rooms packed full of booths, tables, and a few seats at a breakfast bar. An older hostess / cashier greeted our party of 5 and took us to the only open booth near the windows. Saturday morning at 9:00 am the place was packed with a variety of groups (young families, older couples, college students, grandparent with grandchildren, etc.). The hostess gave us the (plastic page protector) menus. The waitress immediately came over and took our drink order. She quickly returned with large glasses of milk, orange juice, hot tea, and coffee. The only coffee drinker said the coffee was great. Everyone ordered a different breakfast but most plates included two HUGE pancakes which were very tasty with plenty of butter and syrup. The eggs and bacon, omelets, sausage links, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, toast were more than we could finish. The waitress was very busy but was able to maneuver around the tables and constantly checked on us - very attentive. When the bill arrived.....what a surprise - A real value for the generous portions. Virginia's is not a classy place - farmer cafe's aren't. But the food sticks to your ribs...real comfort food!

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Four of us enjoyed our first breakfasts today at Virginia's. We ordered pancakes, an oomelet, the works, and a cod entree. Meals were tasty and a real value, based the reasonable prices and the generous portions. Service was friendly and efficient.