“Home type atmosphere!”

Virginia's Travelers Cafe and Motel
Ranked #82 of 692 Restaurants in Lincoln
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Stopped here for a bite to eat late evening on the way back to Omaha. Didn't want to eat fast food so I was glad I stopped here. First time I've been here and it won't be my last! Now, the place isn't anything to look at and probably could use some updating but it wasn't bad. One of the things I noticed though is how it seemed like everyone knew each other....everyone seemed super nice and friendly....it was obvious some customers had been there for a little bit, just hanging out, drinking coffee and visiting. Seemed like a place where a lot of regulars come in. Had the cod dinner with fries, was nice and hot, fries were crisp and more than enough. Then decided to treat myself...had a piece of Dutch apple pie ala mode....was great! Coffee was hot and good! Since it was getting close to closing, noticed one of the waitresses cleaning up the beverage stand...cleaned everything, top, sides, underneath. I'll be back!! Would be hard to put an excellent rating on this but definitely at or near the top of my Very Good rating!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Judging by the steady stream of people entering the place, Virginia's Café is certainly a popular breakfast spot. I was well satisfied with my meal.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit. We were long time lincoln residents until 5 years ago but come back often to visit. We decided to try Virginias because of Location. What a great find! Good basic food at a great price. No one left hungry and most plates were clean! I could nitpick but the value
Doesn't warrant it. And the number of people is indicative of the good food. It's not fancy but it's friendly and fast. I'll be back.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Virginia's is a restaurant I always highly recommend to my farm family outside of Lincoln.
Virginia's cafe brings the country to the city. The waitresses are very hospitable and genuine. If your looking for home cooked meals, this is the place for you!
They offer hot roast beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes, varieties of pies and daily specials! If your looking for an atmosphere that is family friendly, comfort food and great service this is the place for you! Virginia's is the type of diner that brings you a glass of ice for your can/bottle of pop and has breakfast all day on the weekends!
They are only open for breakfast and lunch.. we got caught a couple times heading there for dinner and they were closed. So just plan on being an early bird ;).
A couple weeks ago I went with my 2 year old son and the waitress helped me bring get a booster seat to the table, brought a container of crayons over for him to color, extra napkins and plates for his ketchup, & helped pick up toys he threw on the floor (he's messy!. She even gave him a free lollipop at the register and one for the road! That kind of generosity, kindness & caring goes a long way & doesn't go unnoticed!
Virginia's is a diner where the food is always made with love & the coffee always taste better with your loved ones & friends! Virginia's is their own family--- they open their doors to customers & make us all fell as though we are apart of their family <3 !! Check them out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank 24Ash24
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We spotted this place by accident so decided to stop for lunch. Lots of cars is usually a good sign. My husband had the patty melt & I had the shrimp basket. It looked like everyone around us was having breakfast that looked delicious. Wished we would have ordered that way instead of lunch. My shrimp was just popcorn shrimp, the coleslaw was good. I'd like to go back again and do the breakfast food as it looked amazing.