See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2016

The Sandhills Motel was simple lodging which impressed me with their cleanliness. We were traveling with another couple and the room had a square table that we were able to use to play cards - an added bonus. We came to go on a viewing of the grassland dance. I was impressed with the town. A small town of 500 that had a swimming pool, playground, 4 restaurants, history museum, and art gallery. Situated in the middle of the amazing sandhills of Nebraska. There were train tracks nearby with active trains but it didn't stop us from getting a wonderful night's rest.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2016

We stayed for one night as part of birdwatching trip. Mullen is a tiny town in the middle of the Nebraska Sandhills, so we weren't expecting a fancy hotel. We had a room with a queen bed (great mattress), a refrigerator, microwave, and a shower only bathroom. The heating/AC unit was loud enough to make it hard for me to sleep - my husband didn't notice it. Can't say enough about the couple who run the place, they're very friendly and try their best to make their guests happy.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2015

For many years our group of guys have been descending upon Mullen, Ne to take on either the Dismal or Loup River for a day. Our stay is always made complete by our gracious hosts, Mitch & Patty Glidden. The couple provides a great service for the river adventures as well they make sure every request is answered on the motel side too. The motel is nice, cozy & simple. We really enjoy the beautiful evenings sitting in lawn chairs outside the rooms as a group going over the day’s events. It is a great value all the way around. The setting of the beautiful Nebraska Sandhills and the Glidden’s top notch service is a perfect small town USA experience & destination.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed here following a tanking trip down the Middle Loup River. The staff were kind and helpful getting us on the river and also in recommending a restaurant. We had a good trip down river and appreciated the many wildlife we saw on the way. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will be back!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Misty H
Reviewed 26 November 2013

After spending all day on the road I was looking for a good quite place to sleep for the night .. this sure wasn't it .about every 10-15 min a train would go though and blow its horn.. dead dog tired I finley gave in and fell asleep til 430 am and it all started again.. I left and not very happy.
I wont be back !