Lied Lodge & Conference Center
Best Western Nebraska City Inn(Nebraska City)(Great Value!)
US$82
Travelocity
Super 7 Inn(Tecumseh)
US$77
TripAdvisor
All reviewslied lodgeolympic sizekiddie poolsized poolbeautiful propertyfrench doorsapple piehot tubfamily reunionlibrary loungeanniversary packagetree trunksrolling hillsfirst floornice poolmini fridgesmall town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a great spot to stop on my way home from the Sandhill Crane festival. The staff made me feel welcome. They even helped me get my wine bottle open as the wine opener I had was flimsy.

For those who like pools, you will be set. The indoor pool is heated and quite large. There's also a fitness room and spa onsite. In the fitness room, I would recommend keeping the water bottle full as when I tried to get some water--it was empty.

I also wish there had been a chair on the patio room I had. In addition, a microwave would have been nice. They do have a TV. There's also a refrigerator to keep drinks cold. My wine, cheese and sausage basket was set up in my room when I got there. The rustic beams gave the room a warm look.

In addition, the french doors were an attractive feature. They opened up onto the patio and also to a trail nearby. The trail is lit up at night for those wanting to take a night hike.

If you do not want to be near the pool, don't get a patio room. The entrance to the pool has heavy doors so the smell of the chemicals used to treat it doesn't leak into the hallway. I appreciated that fact since I was close by.

Each room has complimentary items such as shampoo, conditioner, coffee, and soap. A complimentary breakfast would have been nice but I got a great rate and wasn't expecting it. The trees and rolling hills were a welcome relief after driving through the treeless, flatlands that are typical of Nebraska.

Weekends are busy. If you want a quiet stay, stay during the week. I enjoyed the company of others seated in front of the beautiful lodge fireplace. It's a wonderful area to stay warm sipping your wine or coffee.

NOTE: They do put chairs out on the patios when it is later in the season. This is because it's often cold and/or rainy in the off season. If you want to eat at the lodge restaurant, they have good food but are somewhat pricey, especially for dinner. If you are on a budget, I recommend eating in town. However, if you do dine at the lodge, make sure you get a window seat. Each one has a nice view of the trees and rolling hills. On the lodge patio, you can see the Arbor lodge mansion.

You can also get a room with vaulted ceilings if you prefer that over the rooms with patios.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a room with a vaulted ceiling or one on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Cindy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct, our patio furniture comes out when the threat of snowy days has ended. Thankfully spring is right around the corner, and with it - our show stopping blooming season. We hope that you will stop in again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff was great. We didn't even stay and they were very helpful. The lodge was nice to take some pictures at for an upcoming wedding. They were giving lots of suggestions on where to take pictures. I will actually stay here now in the future. Loved it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Chris,
Thank you so much for leaving a review. I hope you were here on one of our rare good weather days, and you were able to get some beautiful pictures. We would love to have you stay with us, and hopefully take some more amazing pictures.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I and a close friend recently stayed at the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City, we loved the decor, and feel of the place, very serine and peaceful. However, what we were sorely missing was the customer service staying at a place that charges what they do. We stayed in a patio room, and wanted to use the patio, and had no chairs, so we asked the front desk if it would be possible to have a folding chair brought to our room, the receptionist looked at us like we had 2 heads, and seemed bothered to have to ask someone about it, calls a man to the desk, he was not friendly at all about it, and said the outdoor furniture was still in storage etc, we were like that,s ok, we just thought we would ask. We were made to feel bad for even asking, and then they decided to figure it out, and brought us a chair, then the next day called the room and said, we need our chair back, but did replace it with a older chair. Also, for the price of a room, we expected a few more perks. They had a wine tasting, that they charged for, while other hotels offer free cocktail hours and snacks. Also, they put coffee out only for a short time in the morning, we would have loved to have it available along with hot tea, out in the lobby area, there are lovely fireplaces to relax and lounge by, would have been nice not to have to make our coffee/tea/water in our room and drag it down there, and have to go back to our room to make a second cup etc. They did have apples available one evening which was nice. We really were not made to feel welcome at all, when asking the front desk questions, it was like we were bothering them. We asked about a fire, one evening, as it was cold out, and there were no fires going, they told us we do those by request only, again, seemed bothered we asked, and the fellow, same one who got us the chair, took care of making it, was again, not very friendly. Our last day, I found a room key laying on the lobby floor by one of the fireplaces, so I picked it up and took it to the counter, and gave it to the receptionist, she didn't thank me, just said, yah it happens. Not sure what's going on with the moral in that place, but they were sorely lacking customer service skills. Overall as far as our stay, we relaxed and enjoyed the atmosphere, and ignored the shortcomings of some of the staff as best we could. [ the wait staff in the dinning areas were excellent ]the only complaints we had about the room was it was a bit small, the coffee maker made one cup at a time, no counter space at the sink, beds were comfy, noise carried from other rooms and the hallway.

Room Tip: Rooms small, you will have to dress in the little bathroom the sink area has no door for privacy. Decor is nice, beds comfy.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

alliepaul2018,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences from your visit to our Lodge. Our entire team is committed to making each and every guest’s experience special and I apologize for any miscommunication during your stay. Due to Nebraska's unpredictable winter weather, our patio furniture is stored until spring. I am pleased to hear that you were able to get a chair or two for you to sit out and enjoy our unseasonably warmer weather. Your review will be passed along to our front desk managers. We look forward to your next visit to Nebraska City where you can expect amazing service at Lied Lodge and Conference Center. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

we stay here once a year for a quick rest, or retreat from the cold winter cabin fever at home. very clean and pleasant place to relax and unwind a little. the heated pool, hot tube, and sauna make for a nice way to get refreshed. already looking forwards to next years visit.

Room Tip: rooms looking east have the best view
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
LiedLodgeMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Lied Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

crc763,
Thank you for your review. We love that you come back to visit us each year! Winter can be so long, and we love to see familiar faces. Feel free to stop in during the spring, the blooming season around here is amazing! There is nothing quite like Lied Lodge in the spring!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my three-night stay at Lied Lodge. The hotel is beautifully designed and reflects the theme of trees and nature well. My room was welcoming, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was helpful. I admire the efforts the hotel undertakes to be "green". The Wifi was good and connected automatically. I appreciated the walking opportunities all around the trees and grounds. The food was fine in the Timber Dining Room. Helpful to have a fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor may get noise from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Andrea B,
Thank you so much for your review. It sounds like you were able to enjoy some nature walks while staying with us. We hope that you found some time to visit the Tree Adventure! The trails are so pretty and very informative as you walk through, and you can't beat the 50 foot tree house! We hope that you will stop by to see us again.