“Good all around Italian restaurant”

Napoli's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is the only place in Norfolk to get pure Italian dishes. the owner has definitely done his homework.The only thing I dont like is that the decor is more like a stage prop for street scene when the sun is at its brightest. My concept of Italian is more gas lamp style

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The Alfredo sauce, which should be an "easy" dish, was cheese flavored water. The meat was still cold, and had been frozen. The bread wasn't fully baked. Italian wedding soup was used as a replacement for a cream sauce. Prices far too high for this level of mediocrity.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We were in town to visit the grandkids. I was excited to try this before we headed home. Not many restaurants offer a mozzerella caprese, so I was thrilled to see it on the menu. The tomatoes were hard, as was the fresh mozzarella. The balsamic was a very oily vinegarette instead of a delicious reduction.

My husband ordered Scallops di Napoli described as "coated with our signature breading and spices. Served with our own marinara sauce." No mention of alla panna sauce, mushrooms, shrimp nor being over penne pasta... yet it was. There were scallops, but no breading on them. When we questioned it (asked to see the menu to verify), there is no dish on the menu or the specials today to match what he was served. They did offer to change his order, but we didn't have the time to wait.

On top of this, we were advised they couldn't serve me wine with my meal because it wasn't noon yet. It wouldn't have been a problem had that been noted anywhere online or on their menus.

We might go back another trip, but very disappointing this time!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Food and atmosphere were great. The chicken parm was plump and juicy. The red sauce was very good. The bread was stellar. Real butter on the table is a plus since it is not cold and does not tear the bread. We will return.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Many good basic Italian dishes. Really like the Eggplant Parmigiana. Rather strange layout, but good service & clean.