“Unacceptable Business practices ”

Baymont Inn & Suites North Platte
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in North Platte
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms a week in advance knowing we would have long days traveling and needed to know we had hotel arrangements. We traveled 13 with young infants only to be turned away because they had over booked. At 11 pm we were left stranded without a place to stay. And all the other hotels were sold out. This is simple unacceptable. Thanks for leaving us high and dry in the middle of the night.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jjhunt1966

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here one night while I was in North Platte on business. I was pleasantly surprised. My last experience with an Oak Tree Inn was in Pecos Texas, and that property was in dire need of help. My room was much cleaner and in much better shape than the one in texas. I didn't experience a lot of slamming doors or outside noise, which was nice since I-80 is right across from the parking lot. The bed was good for my needs. The shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. I would return here if I come back through the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We book our room on a travel site and prepaid as we wanted to make sure we had a room. When we arrived we were told there wasn't a room for us. Told the person checking people in that we had a confirmed reservation and that it was already paid for and was told that there was no room to give us and he suggested to go to a different hotel. He was very rude. Will never stop here again. Called the travel site and will be receiving a refund.

1  Thank Farmgirl1988
Reviewed 21 July 2017

When we first arrived in our room, there was a dirty bar of soap by the sink and dirty towels.We checked in about 5-6pm. I notified the front desk and she immediately sent housekeeping up and they entirely cleaned the sink area and bathroom again. They apologized profusely. Otherwise the room was perfect. My only minimal complaints were that check-in was slow, the smoking area by the back entrance door was filthy with cigarette butts all over the patio area and there was no elevator. My husband is partially blind and it was not fun dragging suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. I think this hotel is geared more toward the railroad crews that work around here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I didn't have high expectations because I had stayed at more upscale type properties. However, I was more and more impressed with this property. The condition of my room was very good and looked almost new. The walls were perfect, bathroom tiles were very good, the carpet looked fresh and new, but the edges of the furniture had some worn areas. The A/C unit looked original but worked well.

I thought the property was redone because it looked so fresh. I imagine they invested some money into the property at some point and is still functioning well. If the furniture was new it would have been perfect. Although the furniture was fine but worn surfaces. The fitness center was very good and we enjoyed it.

They provided vouchers for breakfast at the Penny's Diner which worked out great. Two eggs any style, choice of meats and large portions of home fries. Beverage and tip are the only expenses.

I enjoyed some of the attractions in town and the property was right near the I-80. I shall keep it in mind for future travels through the area.

Travellers also viewed these North Platte hotels
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn North Platte
Hampton Inn North Platte
#2 of 19 in North Platte

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites North Platte? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites North Platte

Address: 451 Halligan Dr, North Platte, NE 69101-7669 (Formerly Oak Tree Inn North Platte)
Region: United States > Nebraska > North Platte
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in North Platte
Price Range: RM 298 - RM 376 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites North Platte 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites North Platte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Oak Tree Inn North Platte Hotel North Platte